404 error

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets 404 error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hi,

I need to repoen the following ticket: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/page-not-found-404/#post-968683

We are still having frequent failures related to the events plugin and then event links give a 404 error when clicked. Can you assist in troubleshooting this issue? I’d like to give you access to our wordpress install to troubleshoot. Please let me know the best way to proceed.

Best,
    David

Nico

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry to hear this is still an issue for you.

I’ve reviewed the previous thread and I think that Josh’s conclusion there might be on the spot. From what you described it seems to be a theme/plugin related issue, in the past we’ve heard of some themes flushing permalinks on every load.

Do you have a test site where we can make some changes/tests on this? First of all please update our plugins to the latest version and after that switch the theme to Tweenty Fifteen and re-save permalinks. If it works at this point I think we can narrow down this to a theme related issue.

If it still doesn’t work, please disable all other plugins, re-save permalinks and try again.

Please let me know how this tests go,
    Best,
    Nico

David
    Participant

We don’t have a test site, but we’d be fine with you addressing the issue on the production site. We are in the middle of a pretty large campaign on the site at the moment that will wrap up at the beginning of Oct. Perhaps you can check into the site after that push is done?

I’m not sure what you mean by “resave the permalinks.” Can you be more explicit?

The plugins are up to date and I know that this fix works but only for a very short time:

disable all plugins
    change to 2014 theme
    enable event plugins and test
    renable plugins
    reactivate correct theme

It then works for anywhere from an hour to a couple of days but breaks again and again and again.

Dave

Nico

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I missed this in my first reply, but unfortunately we are not allowed to log in into client sites and make changes 🙁

Regarding the test site, having this would be useful because there it would be safe to switch to default theme and check if this still happens after some time without needing to switch back to the site theme. Basically to test this without affecting the users of your site.

By re-save permalinks (sorry if this was a bit technical) I mean going into WP-Admin > Settings > Permalinks and click Save Changes. This process re-generates how the site links work. Also thanks for confirming that our plugins are up-to-date!

So summing up I guess the next step is to confirm if this works correctly with Tweenty Fifteen theme, no other plugins active and after re-saving permalinks as well. If this works correctly next step is to re-activate all plugins and test again. If this still works, we can confirm it’s a theme issue.

Regarding the theme, I see you are using ‘Evolux theme’ have you tried to contact the theme authors on this issue as well?

Hope we can get this sorted soon,
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error’ is closed to new replies.