Page Not Found – 404

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Page Not Found – 404

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hi,

I seem to have tried all your fixes for 404 errors – I am simply unable to pull up the Events Calendar main page:

http://werepair.org/events/

When I switch to Twenty Fourteen theme, I get a 404 error instead of the redirect you’ll see in the above link.

I’ve broken it down to simply using The Events Calendar basic plugin, even though I’ve purchased the Pro version and Eventbrite plugin. Here’s what I’ve tried:

-Twenty-Fourteen theme
    -Disabling plugins
    -Stripping down .htaccess to the default WordPress setup
    -Resetting the permalinks
    -Toggling ‘Include events in main blog loop’
    -Changing the URL slugs
    -Changing Display->Events Template
    -Included debugging snippets (pasted in System info below)

I’m running out of ideas. As a PHP developer, I’m happy to go in there and mess with code, if there’s a chance it will help.

I appreciate your time,
    Chad

Josh
    Participant

Hey Chad,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the issues you’ve experienced in using our plugin. Hopefully we can help to get this sorted out for you quickly.

To start, I took a look at your site and I see the redirect that you’re describing when visiting the “/events” page. Out of curiosity, what happens when you change the slug for the events page under the Event Settings > General tab to something else like “calendar”?

I notice you mentioned switching to a default theme and disabling plugins. Did you happen to do these all at the same time to where you were starting with a stripped down version of WordPress? Also, at this point did you try clearing all of your cache and re-saving permalinks in this state?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

David
    Participant

Hi Josh,

As I said in my original post, I did try changing the URL slugs. This had no effect.

When I disabled plugins, I did this one-at-a-time to try and track down the offending plugin, however, I can disable them all and re-enable them one at a time if you think it will make a difference.

Caching wasn’t the issue as I tested in several different browsers that had not previously loaded the site.

Open to your thoughts,

Chad

David
    Participant

I got it working – here are the steps I had to take:

1) Disable all plugins
    2) Switch to 2014 theme
    3) Change permalinks structure to default, save, back to post name
    4) Switch back to original theme
    5) Enable plugins one-by-one

Hope that helps someone.

David
    Participant

I spoke too soon.

I had it partially working, was able to reach the main events page and a test event.

I added a shortcode to display the calendar widget here:

http://werepair.org/new-york-test/

(Which, incidentally, is not working properly – I can’t change calendar month, when you click on a date it jumps to the top of the page).

And also changed the template of the event page (settings->display->event template) as well as the stylesheet to ‘skeleton’.

Now, again, I get 404s on http://werepair.org/events/ as well as a test event at http://werepair.org/event/test/.

Why does making configuration changes mean I have to reset all plugins, the theme and permalinks?

David
    Participant

I’ve tracked it down to the Events template. After I change to any template, I get stuck with 404s on events main page and event pages. At that point I have to disable all plugins and rotate templates in order to get events back.

Josh
    Participant

Hey David,

Thanks for following up with us!

Sounds like you’ve gotten it working now? It sounds like this is a plugin issue to some degree. There potentially may be a plugin that runs some purging and flushing of rewrite rules on activation/deactivation that may be causing itself to work out the issue when activate/deactivate.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Not Found – 404’ is closed to new replies.