4.4.0.1. update breaks calendar widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 4.4.0.1. update breaks calendar widget

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    starfiresports
    Participant

The most recent update messes up the formatting of the calendar widget being used in our drop-down navigation.

Here is the way it should look (hover over events): http://www.starfiresports.com
    Here is how it looks with the update (again, hover over events): http://starfiredev.staging.wpengine.com

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello starfiresports,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m really sorry about this issue.

To be able to help you with this I will need some more info.

• I see on your live site you are using older versions of our plugins. Can you confirm that on the staging site you have the latest (4.4.0.1 and Pro 4.4) running?
    • Do you have any customizations (in stlye.css or functions.php) that could influence this?
    • How is the calendar and the 2 lists added to the menu there? With shortcode? As widgets? Which one is used?

Looking forward to helping you with this.

Cheers,
    Andras

starfiresports
    Participant

I see on your live site you are using older versions of our plugins. Can you confirm that on the staging site you have the latest (4.4.0.1 and Pro 4.4) running?

The staging site is using 4.4.0.1, but I only have one install license, so it is not up to date. However, I updated both on our live site, and there was the same exact issue.

Do you have any customizations (in stlye.css or functions.php) that could influence this?

Yes. I have included the custom CSS that I am aware of below

How is the calendar and the 2 lists added to the menu there? With shortcode? As widgets? Which one is used?

As widgets

—CUSTOM CSS–
    /*styles for events calendar*/
    table.tribe-events-list th, .table.tribe-events-calendar td.tec-present .daynum, .tec-tooltip .tec-event-title {
    background-color: #333 !important;
    color: #fff;
    }
    .tribe-events-calendar td div[id*=”tribe-events-daynum-“] {
    line-height: 1.2;
    padding: 6px 9px;
    }
    .tribe-events-calendar div[id*=”tribe-events-daynum-“], .tribe-events-calendar div[id*=”tribe-events-daynum-“] a {
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    color: #333333;
    font-size: 11px;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    .tribe-events-calendar div[id*=”tribe-events-event-“], .tribe-events-calendar div[id*=”tribe-events-daynum-“] {
    margin: 0;
    position: relative;
    }
    .tribe-events-calendar div[id*=”tribe-events-daynum-“], .tribe-events-calendar div[id*=”tribe-events-daynum-“] a {
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    color: #333;
    font-size: 11px;
    }
    *, input[type=”search”] {
    box-sizing: border-box;
    }
    *::-moz-placeholder {
    color: #999;
    opacity: 1;
    }
    *::-moz-selection {
    background-color: #333;
    color: #333;
    }
    table.tribe-events-calendar th, .table.tribe-events-calendar td.tec-present .daynum, .tec-tooltip .tec-event-title {
    background-color: #333 !important;
    }
    /*events in calendar view fonts*/
    #tribe-events-content .tribe-events-calendar div[id*=”tribe-events-event-“] h3.tribe-events-month-event-title {
    font: 12px/1.25 oswald;
    letter-spacing: 0;
    padding: 0;
    text-transform: none;
    }
    /*events calendar days header font*/
    .tribe-events-calendar th {
    font-family: oswald;
    font-size: 14px;
    height: 10px;
    padding: 4px 0;
    text-align: center;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
    text-transform: uppercase;
    width: 250px;
    }
    /*events calendar page header font*/
    h2.tribe-events-page-title {
    clear: none;
    font-family: oswald;
    font-size: 36px;
    margin-bottom: 0.5em;
    text-align: center;
    z-index: 0;
    }
    /*events calendar hover colors & fonts*/
    #tribe-events-content .tribe-events-tooltip h4 {
    background-color: #62a544;
    color: #ffffff;
    font-size: 12px;
    letter-spacing: 1px;
    line-height: 24px;
    min-height: 24px;
    padding: 0 6px;
    }

/*events list test*/
    .tribe-events-widget-link {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    display: none;
    }
    .widget tribe-events-adv-list-widget {
    right: 20px;
    }
    .tribe-events-adv-list-widget ol li {
    list-style: none outside none;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    }
    .news .padding {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    padding: 2em;
    }
    #news-events .events {
    right: 15px;
    }

html body.home div#wrapper div#core div#news-events div.events div.padding ul.events-list {
    }
    .tribe-events-adv-list-widget .duration {
    color: #999;
    display: inline;
    float: left;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin-right: 10px;
    }

/*hover color for list widgets in uber menu generated by events calendar*/
    div.list-info a:hover{
    color: black;
    }

/*remove recurring events link from list widget*/
    .tribe-events-adv-list-widget div.recurringinfo { display: none; }

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

Thanks for your reply.

Looks like your site is highly customized. Unfortunately we don’t provide support for customizations, but I can answer some questions to help you get started or point you in the right direction, but for the most part that is beyond the support we can provide.

First on the license, you can use one license for your live and your staging site. Here’s an article with the details: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

If you try disabling those css customizations, does that get you closer to the result you want?

As for the order of how they are shown, it looks like the order of your widgets has changed. Try rearranging them and see if that helps anything.

If the order doesn’t matter, then putting them in one line can be fixed with a little css. The three widget containers need to have a “clear: none !important;” and that should put them in one line.

As for the months showing up instead of the days, could you please check if the same thing happens if you put that calendar widget in a different widget spot, not in the menu?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

starfiresports
    Participant

The customizations are primarily font and color related. I removed the custom CSS, and the same problem persisted. I actually don’t think there is any customization related to the widget.

The calendar being on a separate line within the menu actually started on the last update, and I resolved it by putting it in front of the lists. I had tried moving it back to the end to see if that was contributing to the problem. I’ve moved it back for more accurate comparison.

It looks like the actual issue I am trying to resolve is caused by the months, rather than days, being across the top of the calendar–I hadn’t noticed that was the case until you pointed it out. I tried putting the widget in a sidebar rather than the menu, and it still shows months instead of days. You can see that here: http://starfiredev.staging.wpengine.com/youth/youth-tournaments/2017-youth-soccer-tournaments-jamborees/

Any idea how I can correct that?

Andras
    Keymaster

Okay, that is a bit weird and it definitely shouldn’t be like that. There could be some conflict with the theme or a plugin.

Does your theme come with The Events Calendar plugin built in?

Can you check what happens if you switch to a default theme like twentysixteen? Do you still get the months in the widget instead of the days?

If yes, can you please run a full conflict test based on this guide?

Let me know if that turns up something and we’ll continue from there.

Cheers,
    Andras

starfiresports
    Participant

I have set our theme to twentysixteen (obviously I can’t keep it this way, however). While the days are now along the top, there seems to be another issue that pops up–the alignment of the days where there is an event is all messed up. This appears to be exclusive to the menu, and doesn’t seem to happen with the sidebar. http://starfiredev.staging.wpengine.com

Our theme does not have the Events Calendar plugin is built in to our theme. Our regular site uses a customized Genesis theme.

Andras
    Keymaster

Okay, so it looks like that there are 2 slight incompatibilities.

One is with ubermenu, the other with the theme.

To fix the alignment of days, in case you also have this with your main theme activated, pasting this snippet to your theme’s style.css file, should do the trick:
    .main-navigation ul ul .tribe-mini-calendar-wrapper a {
    width: unset;
    }

For the months vs. the days: are there any customizations in your theme – possibly in functions.php – that could influence that?

Is there a way to only switch on the Genesis framework and not the fully customized version to check what that does? This would help us see if the issue is with the framework or with the customizations.

Cheers,
    Andras

starfiresports
    Participant

I have switched on just the framework, and it looks like the problem doesn’t exist, at least when in the sidebar. The framework doesn’t have the menu, so I am unable to check that.
    http://starfiredev.staging.wpengine.com/youth/youth-tournaments/2017-youth-soccer-tournaments-jamborees/

If the next step is to look at any customizations, is there something specific I should look for in the functions.php that would be affecting things? I can’t think of anything that would create the issue.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for checking! It’s good news that the framework shows it well.

Yes, the next step would be activating your theme – I believe you did that already – and temporarily disabling any customization that you might have. Usually these are in the functions.php file, but might be in some other files of the theme you are using.

One thing I would also check when you have the theme active is deactivating uber menu and check the widget in the sidebar how that looks. Do you still see the months vs. the days there.

Looking forward to the results!

Cheers,
    Andras

starfiresports
    Participant

I tried turning off UberMenu, and the issue still exists in the sidebar. Because Genesis is the framework, and our theme is built using a child theme, I am not entirely sure what is a customization of the theme rather than the theme itself. Is there any guidance you can provide there?

Andras
    Keymaster

Ok, so we got as far as the the framework itself working well.

As for your child theme, you will find the customizations on your server under wp-content/themes/genesis-starfire-2/ folder. I would start with the functions.php as usually that is the one handling the customizations.

Easiest test is renaming functions.php to something else. Or comment out all lines, check if it works then, and start uncommenting function by function, and check which one breaks it.

If that doesn’t lead anywhere, and you can share with me your theme and the theme framework I can maybe also try something.

Cheers,
    Andras

starfiresports
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

starfiresports
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘4.4.0.1. update breaks calendar widget’ is closed to new replies.