4.0 Facebook upgrade import getting error messages

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator 4.0 Facebook upgrade import getting error messages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Douglas
    Participant

After upgrading to 4.0 on a manual Facebook import i get the following 7 messages and the seven events imported.
    have found no issues with the imported events thus far

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘facebook’ in /srv/eastcountyinfo/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Importer/Options.php on line 100

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘facebook’ in /srv/eastcountyinfo/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Importer/Options.php on line 100

Geoff

Hi Douglas,

Just to make sure: are you running 4.0 for all the other plugins as well? I just tried a manual Facebook import on a default WordPress install and everything came through error-free. Perhaps you can copy and paste your system settings (Events > Settings > Help) here as a private reply to see if there is anything obvious off the bat.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Douglas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks Douglas!

Would be willing to share the Facebook Event ID of the events you are importing? I want to see if I get the same errors now that I see we are testing with the same calendar versions.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Douglas
    Participant

does not matter which ones, it happens with all. The Facebook page id’s in the settings I shared privately can be used to get events that I am importing

Douglas
    Participant
    Geoff

Hey Douglas,

Do you happen to have any snippets that you’ve used to modify the calendar in the past, or perhaps have any customized calendar templates? That seems to be a notice related to legacy code that is no longer in the latest versions.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Douglas
    Participant

The only changes that I have made have been in my theme’s function.php file. i have listed all the code in that file below.

Two add_action statements one to bring the shortlink button and jetpack publicize section to the custom post type used for the event calendar, as well as the one to add a link with to the Facebook event when an event is viewed on the site.

Both snipers are published in your forums.

//define theme version
    if ( !defined( ‘CATCHADAPTIVE_THEME_VERSION’ ) )
    define ( ‘CATCHADAPTIVE_THEME_VERSION’, ‘2.0’ );

add_action(‘init’, ‘my_custom_init’);
    function my_custom_init() {
    add_post_type_support( ‘tribe_events’, ‘shortlinks’ );
    add_post_type_support( ‘tribe_events’, ‘publicize’ );
    }

/**
    * Implement the core functions
    */
    require get_template_directory() . ‘/inc/catchadaptive-core.php’;

/*
    * Add a link to the Facebook event pages right before the content
    */
    function tribe_link_to_fb_event() {

// Check if the event is associated with a Facebook event
    $fbid = tribe_get_event_meta( get_the_ID(), ‘_FacebookID’ );
    if ( empty( $fbid ) ) return;

// Form and display a link to the FB event page if so
    echo ‘<p>See this event on Facebook</p>’;
    }

add_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content’, ‘tribe_link_to_fb_event’ );

Geoff

Please try removing those temporarily to see if that helps with the notices. We have deprecated a lot of classes and functions (changelog) and it is possible the customizations conflict with what’s new.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Douglas
    Participant

removed one at a time and tested – No Change
    removed all and test – No Change

Geoff

Hey Douglas,

I’ve been trying to replicate the issue along with one of our developers and haven’t been able to so far. That doesn’t mean the issue isn’t there–just means we need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Will you please follow the steps outlined in this article? This will help us find any conflicts, if they exist. Let me know what you find at the conclusion of that.

If we still are unable to find any conflicts, we will go a little further as a next step.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Douglas
    Participant

changed theme to twenty thirteen and disabled all non modern tribe plugins

Same Results – No Change

unfortunately i did it on my production site (don’t have enough licensing to use a test site) and lost some of my widget configurations.

Geoff

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for running through the steps for me! It really does help.

Do you have a development site and is the issue there as well? If so, would you be willing to activate Twenty Fifteen and deactivate all other plugins there and leave it in those conditions so I can see it?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Douglas
    Participant

As I mentioned in my previous reply, I do not have enough licensing to test on another site… I would have to move my licensing from production to the test site, which would effectively take my production site out of service.

Geoff

Hi Douglas,

Sorry for the miscommunication–you actually do not need to input the license on your development site for the plugins to work. They will function with our without the license–the licenses merely activates automatic updates. 🙂

Thanks,
    Geoff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘4.0 Facebook upgrade import getting error messages’ is closed to new replies.