301 Redirect

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 301 Redirect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    revmsg
    Participant

I updated to 3.5.2 PRO as we were having issues with recurring events. When I activate and clear our cache, site goes into a redirect loop on the homepage.

revmsg
    Participant

I think that this is also something of a duplicate of this: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-pro-kills-the-wordpress-admin-panel/

We attempted to roll back to 3.5.1 and it 500s our admin. We get this:

Warning: require_once(lib/tribeeventspro-schemaupdater.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php on line 68

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘lib/tribeeventspro-schemaupdater.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear’) in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php on line 68

Casey D

Hello revmsg,

Thanks for contacting us and creating a forum post.

From what I can tell, the homepage doesn’t redirect anymore and I’m not seeing any duplicates on http://trailnet.org/. I’m assuming you were able to get some things cleaned up.

If that is not the case, or if I’m missing something please let me know! Are you still getting 500 errors on your admin?

Let me know how I can help!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

revmsg
    Participant

Yeah, I deactivated it the minute we had a problem. And resolved locally, in dev. Below is the function that’s causing the problem. If you comment out “is_singular(TribeEvents::POSTTYPE)” (which is evaling to false) the redirect ceases.

public function filter_canonical_link_on_recurring_events() {
    if ( is_singular(TribeEvents::POSTTYPE) && get_query_var(‘eventDate’) && has_action(‘wp_head’, ‘rel_canonical’) ) {
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘rel_canonical’ );
    add_action( ‘wp_head’, array( $this, ‘output_recurring_event_canonical_link’ ) );
    }
    }

Casey D

Hello revmsg,

Most of our support team is out today and Monday, sorry up front for any delays.

So far we’re not really sure why it’s causing the redirect, but I think it is connected to the duplicate problem you had. You say when you commented out this part:

683             if ( /*is_singular(TribeEvents::POSTTYPE) &&*/ get_query_var('eventDate') && has_action('wp_head', 'rel_canonical') ) {

the problem goes away? Ultimately we’d like to be able to reproduce it or trace it on our end, so I could I have you do two things?

– In the WP-Admin, at the bottom of the Events > Settings > Help tab, there will be a ‘systems settings’ box. Can you copy that and paste it into a private reply?
    – There is a plugin to remove erroneous duplicate events linked in this press release. Could you run it on your local environment and see if that fixes the problem?

Does this make sense? I’ll get back to you soon.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

revmsg
    Participant

I already ran the cleaner plugin.
    I’ll post the settings as a private in a sec.

revmsg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

I believe a key needs to be entered on the Licenses tab for the system info to load.

– Casey Driscoll

revmsg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

For multisite installs the license field is in the Tools section of the Network base install. Sorry for all the confusion :/

– Casey Driscoll

revmsg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

How about a phpinfo() dump?

All that ‘Help’ section does is list all themes plugins along with php version and some other items. But if you can get that to me in other ways we don’t need the Help tab.

Who is your host?

– Casey Driscoll

revmsg
    Participant

This reply is private.

revmsg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello revmsg,

Thanks for the info. Could I please get a list of plugins activated and your theme too?

I’m looking to untangle the information here, so a few of my questions might seem redundant, sorry about that. We haven’t run into a problem quite like this yet.

When you tried rolling back to 3.5.1, you got this error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘lib/tribeeventspro-schemaupdater.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear’) in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/events-calendar-pro.php on line 68

This is a peculiar error that should not really happen under normal circumstances. Can you confirm that the file it is looking for is actually there? If the file is there it shouldn’t 500 error out. Should be something like:

/path/to/site/root/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/tribeeventspro-schemaupdater.php

After talking with our devs they are really not sure why ‘filter_canonical_link_on_recurring_events’ is causing 301 redirect problems. Can you confirm the problem still exists (with 3.5.2) with all other plugins deactivated and the theme set to twentytwelve?

Seems like you were pretty active in figuring out solutions. If the situation has changed at all over the weekend feel free to give me an update!

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘301 Redirect’ is closed to new replies.