***** V3 UPGRADE DISASTER *****

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ***** V3 UPGRADE DISASTER *****

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    copthall
    Participant

Just upgraded to Events Calendar and Pro. Completely wiped out all my styling and settings, Pro no longer working at all. I’m desperate to get back to the old versions. Need a copy of both Events Cal and Pro versions 2. Thanks

Andy Fragen

Before you revert everything try downloading The Events Calendar User CSS. It won’t hurt anything and it may fix your problem.

copthall
    Participant

Thanks for the replay, all the calendar styling was inside my theme in an ‘events’ folder, so a bit surprised the new version didn’t pick that up. I’ve reverted to the older version 2 plugin, re-downloaded the pro plugin and found the events calendar v2 in an old backup.

Andy Fragen

Change the name of your ‘events’ folder to ‘tribe-events’ and use the plugin. See if that works.

copthall
    Participant

Everything back to normal with version 2 but I will try this, thanks.

Andy Fragen

Please let me know if this works as there will be many users having this same issue.

Andy Fragen

BTW, make sure to remove all the default CSS from your events.css file that you may have previously had in there. Your events.css should only have the override CSS and nothing more. Nothing from the previous default events.css file.

Barry

Hi copthall,

Please accept the team’s apologies if the latest upgrade has caused some disruption and frustration – that definitely isn’t what we wanted, but let’s focus now on righting things.

Andy’s advice is sound – template overrides should now live in {YOUR_THEME}/tribe-events/… rather than {YOUR_THEME}/events/… – however you should also know that:

* A custom stylesheet, which would previously be named events.css, now needs to be named tribe-events.css
    * Do be aware that there have been significant changes to our template structure – so some CSS rules may not cleanly carry over and may require some amount of tweaking

If there is anything else we can help with on this front please just let us know (and indeed if any non-themeing issues crop up and cause problems for you please break them out into threads of their own to avoid confusion – one of the team will then be more than happy to help).

Thanks!

Andy Fragen

Excellent Barry! I can confirm this works here. Nothing else need be done but change from
    {YOUR_THEME}/events/events.css to {YOUR_THEME}/tribe-events/tribe-events.css.

Duplication of any preexisting CSS is NOT required.

Adam
    Participant

Just sharing the pain. I didn’t have many customizations, just a color thing for event categories. But that’s gone and I’ll have to make some time to redo it. Lil bit of a bummer.

Upside? Really dig the map view.

Andy Fragen

@Adam, give me a little time and I’ll have The Events Calendar Category Colors plugin updated for TEC 3.0. I’m doing a final code review now. It may work for your problem.

Barry

Thanks for sharing Adam – hopefully the upsides of the new version outweigh the inconvenience of having to update customizations … that is, unfortunately, pretty much inevitable with a major update like this.

Despite the pain it may cause – hopefully temporary – we definitely think the new plugin structure and capabilities are well worth it. If you or anyone else needs specific pointers to get over the hump of updating then please just let us know (ideally by creating new threads per issue) and one of the team will be only to happy to help 🙂

tapps
    Participant

wow. i wish i would have read this before upgrading. fine, i’ll fix the templates issue (not as important as…)

my MAJOR issue is that i was using some custom code (a wp query) to be able to put UPCOMING events into my jquery slideshow on the homepage.. but they would HIDE when they were no longer UPCOMING.

so PLEASE help me, i’ve been searching for what to replace this attribute:
    ‘eventDisplay’ => ‘upcoming’
    with in the new update?

thanks!

Barry

Hi Tracy,

We’d be happy to help if we can – but this thread will quickly become confusing indeed if everyone posts different issues in here.

Could I ask you to post this as a fresh thread?

remwideco
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for this upgrade, as many, I was a bit surprised, but nothing too hard to fix.
    Just a question for template overriding : must we use the new folder structure of the views folder on our new tribe-events folder ?

Thanks for your help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘***** V3 UPGRADE DISASTER *****’ is closed to new replies.