3.6 Update questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 3.6 Update questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    efromdc
    Participant

1. Does the recent update to 3.6 effect any calender items currently on my site? Im currently using 3.5.1. So by this I mean will the update change the fields on these events? I understand if events I create AFTER the upgrade are different…but are events created via 3.5.1 effected in any way shape or form upon upgrading?

2. Sometimes when one upgrades a plugin, the plugin alters the original versions data structure. Is that the case here? Do fields change from 3.5.1 to 3.6? Im not talking about NEW fields, Im talking about modifications to 3.5.1 fields. Im asking because I use a custom script to import events into the calendar and if you changed the data structure from 3.5.1 to 3.6, its possible that my import script will fail. If there are changes, can you ask your db guy to email me a schemea (thats a 30 second export job and something your DB guy can do w/o thinking about it)?

3. I’m requesting examples / better explanations on several changes improvements stated at https://theeventscalendar.com/release-version-3-6-of-the-events-calendar-events-calendar-pro-all-add-ons/ and https://tri.be/the-events-calendarpro-3-6-changes-you-should-be-aware-of/ :

– Added support for various datepicker date formats in the front end > Such as? I dont want to upgrade just to see the new options. Can you like print screen them and send them to me at <<email in private post>> ?
    – Improved tribe bar handling of custom inputs > Examples please?
    – Improved datepicker namespacing in admin to avoid collisions with other plugins > No idea what this means. Can you explain in greater detail?
    – Improved microformats implementation across multiple views > No idea what this means. Can you explain in greater detail?
    – Fixed an issue where Category CSS classes were being removed from Events when in Responsive Mode > i THINK I know what this means…but am not sure…explanation please?
    – Added settings for specifying custom formats for dates that are displayed throughout the plugin – Explanation please. Does this mean that when a user views the site, I can specifically set the display date as either 2014-12-31 OR December 31st 2014 or something along those lines?

4. Incorporated taxonomy filters to the advanced events list widget – DESPIRATELY need a screen shot of its look/feel/functionality > <<email in private post>>

5. If you have a demo account somewhere that I can log into that would make it easier to explain things to me? I can see a few cases in which that might help instead for a screen shot or an explanation. Feel free to reply to me here or via <<email in private post>>

efromdc
    Participant

This reply is private.

efromdc
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello efromdc,

1: From what I can tell, it sounds like the website field will be changed as of 3.6. We will be releasing a secondary maintenance release today, so I would wait for that and then you shouldn’t have an issue.

2: The jump from 3.4 to 3.5 was large and there were schema changes, particularly concerning the way we stored recursive issues. There is no schema change in the 3.6 update

3: Here are some screenshots/threads that will hopefully answer your questions!

4: Both tags and categories can now be used to filter the list

5: We will have our demo site WP Shindig updated sometime this week.

I hope this helps! The absolute best way to learn about the update is to install it on a test or development instance and take it for a spin!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

efromdc
    Participant

Any luck w/ the updating of the demo site?
    Also, is there a good way to export events? Will the built in wordpress export tool get the events, their venues, organizers…all of it?

Casey D

I have been bitten by so many poor time predictions, I would really like to not mislead you on this. I can tell you that the admin in charge has been swamped but this has now become the highest priority. Best I can say is ‘imminently.’

The WordPress export/import should transfer all info fully.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello efromdc,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘3.6 Update questions’ is closed to new replies.