3.11 update unusuable

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events 3.11 update unusuable

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Your 3.11 update completely messed up my site. Specifically, it alters all of our regular posts in wp-admin, displaying them as drafts and displaying them out of order. (even though their status is published)

Also, where was the auto-update for Events Calendar PRO. Calendar stopped working when I updated Events Calendar to 3.11, but WP update mechanism didn’t pick up on the PRO changes.

This is sloppy. You guys need better QA on your updates before you ship them.

George
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

We spend an extensive amount of timing on QA for all of our updates, and the vast majority of folks have upgraded to 3.11 fine without issue, so it seems like there is something unique with your site and installation that is contributing to the problems here.

I’m really sorry to hear about these problems – I can’t recreate the issue where your normal Posts are being set to “draft” status, so for now, I’m curious if you can see if any errors pop up on your site if you head to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

That might reveal some more detailed information about what’s going on here, on a code level.

Thank you! Very sorry about the trouble here, there could be some simple obscure code conflict or something that is causing these issues – hopefully we can sort things out.

— George

Kevin
    Participant

Looks like this is the same issue as mentioned in this thread.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/posts-displaying-out-of-order-in-dashboard/

George
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

When it comes to the order-related issue, you can try downloading and installing this quick hotfix plugin we’ve put together to help address this issue → http://m.tri.be/postorderfix

Try that out, and let us know if it helps!

As for statuses of things being set to Draft, this is still an issue we’re not getting reports of and are unable to recreate, so if this issue still persists even after the post-order issue is helped, I’d recommend proceeding with the WP_DEBUG steps I recommended above.

Thanks,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3.11 update unusuable’ is closed to new replies.