2 Questions: Google Calendar / Agendas

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions 2 Questions: Google Calendar / Agendas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    melissa mecca

Hi there

We are evaluating calendar options for our wordpress site and I had a few questions.

– It looks like you can import events from google calendar. Once items are recorded in the system, can you edit them with all the other options – like adding images, locations, categories/tags etc?

– Or on the flip side, would we first generate events in the system and then push them to google calendar? Is there an option like that? Basically we want events both on our website and google, but how that will best come together isn’t totally clear right now. We need the advanced content features your plugin offers but still want the basic info on google.

– Our events are often 1-2 day retreats, where we also have an agenda associated with the day’s events. I didn’t see anything like that in your plugin. Do you have any recommendations for that?

Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

Yes, you can import events from Google (and several other sources) with Event Aggregator! Once events are imported, they are regular events in your site and have all options that events created directly in the site would have.

Unfortunately, events cannot currently be pushed from the site into Google, so the best option would be to create them first in Google and then import them into the site.

You are correct that events don’t support “subsections” or agenda-like functionality. What you could do is include the agenda breakdown in the event description, or if you are issuing tickets, you could create different tickets for the different sections using Event Tickets (free tickets) or Event Tickets Plus (paid tickets). Depending on how your events are set up, it could also make sense to create individual events for the different agenda items. One other option I’d like to mention here is using the Additional Fields feature that comes with Events Calendar Pro. This would allow you to create custom fields on events that you could use to add agenda items.

We do offer a full refund within 30 days of purchase if you’re not satisfied with the products, so feel free to test them out!

I hope that answers all of your questions, but please let me know if you need any further clarification!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Questions: Google Calendar / Agendas’ is closed to new replies.