Zip code radius search

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Zip code radius search

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wayne
    Participant

Dear Modern Tribe and others,
    We are looking to add the search events by a zip code radius, city radius, and any other location area searches. Has anyone done that?
    Please contact me, Wayne Rowlands

Henry

I have done it using a combination of the Geo Mashup plugin, The Events Calendar plugin and some custom code.

It is pretty straightforward, you have to geo-tag events with a longitude and latitude so that they can be filtered by radius from a given point and then returned in a list of search results.

Were you looking for someone to code this for you or just some general pointers?

Wayne
    Participant

Henry,
    Thanks for your response. I am looking for someone to code this for us since we want this done soon. Let me know what the terms are and I will get back with you. Where are you located?
    Wayne

Henry

Hi Wayne,

In my personal opinion, you could probably get away with doing this yourself and save some cash. Install the following plugins:

The Events Calendar
    Geo Mashup
    Geo Mashup Search

The Geo Mashup Search plugin will let a user enter their current address (or an address anywhere) and then returns a list of events with “distance away” information. The Geo Mashup plugin will display everything nicely on a Google map.

No real need to write code as the plugins take care of that.

Rob

Awesome suggestion, Henry.

Wayne: this definitely sounds like the most straightforward route. Want to give it a go and let us know your results? We can’t provide support for those other plugins, but it’d be good to know if you encounter any integration issues on the Events Calendar PRO side. Or, if it works, other users facing a similar issue will find this useful down the road.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Zip code radius search’ is closed to new replies.