"Your Eventbrite token is not valid"

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets "Your Eventbrite token is not valid"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Shepherd
    Participant

Hello,

Using the Events Calendar Pro 4.4.18 and Eventbrite Tickets 4.4.8.

It looks like once a month, the Eventbrite token we’re using expires and we have to manually re-authorize it (things stop working correctly and we get a “Your Eventbrite token is not valid” message).

Is there any way to avoid this? I’ve never messed with the Eventbrite API, but I’d assume there’s a way to automatically refresh/renew the auth tokens every so often.

Once we manually re-authorize the token, things go back to working normally again, so it’s not really something that can be troubleshooted by just deactivating plugins & reverting to the default WP theme. It seems like it’s either an issue on Eventbrite’s end, or else maybe your plugin isn’t using refresh tokens correctly.

This has been happening since about July, as far as we can tell. Any help would be much appreciated!

Patricia

Hey Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Are you regularly changing the password on your Eventbrite account? If you are, that’s probably the cause of the issue. This is what their documentation states:

An OAuth token won’t expire and only becomes invalid if you change the password on your Eventbrite account. A new OAuth token will be automatically generated once you reset your password, and you can find the new OAuth token in the App Management section of your Account Settings.

If that’s not the cause of the issue in your specific case, I would recommend you to review the following article to make sure that your API key is correctly configured:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-eb-tickets/

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘"Your Eventbrite token is not valid"’ is closed to new replies.