Yoast SEO settings only visible on Default Events theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Yoast SEO settings only visible on Default Events theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    siggiboy81
    Participant

Hello! I just tried to the Events Calendar (Pro) and get the same problem whenever I try. I use Yoast SEO and if I add a meta description for an event, it only becomes visible if I use the default events template. If I use any of the other templates (standard page template) or whatever, whatever I add in the meta description, if I add a noindex, rel=canonical or such settings, they do not become visible. Any clue why this is happening?

Barry

Hi siggiboy81,

The Default Events Template might be considered the normal way of presenting events to the world and that’s probably why there’s no problem there. Generally in fact we’d recommend it wherever possible – the ability to use other templates really exists only to provide a convenient workaround for theme compatibility reasons.

If an alternative like the Default Page Template is used however (bearing in mind here that, ordinarily, such a template is a vehicle for just one piece of content – whereas for event calendar purposes we might need to display a stream of many event posts within it, such as if list view is selected) then some special magic has to happen to facilitate that.

What essentially happens here is that our own content is wrapped up in a container – this does not have a real or valid post ID of its own – and that is used to carry the real event data, Trojan horse style, into the page template.

The plugin you are using probably stores SEO information for each event using the event’s post ID as its reference. In this scenario however it is likely that is can only see the container ID, which is largely meaningless. I hope that explains things a little better – it probably is possible to workaround this if the Default Events Template isn’t a viable choice for you – but such a workaround is not unfortunately something we can help with a great deal.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, siggiboy81. As it’s been over two weeks since your last reply, I’m going to close this thread. Please open a new one if you choose to pursue this further in the future.

Thanks for being part of the TEC community! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Yoast SEO settings only visible on Default Events theme’ is closed to new replies.