Yoast SEO question

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Yoast SEO question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Seth Cutter
    Participant

Hi there,
    I seem to be having an issue with the Events Calendar PRO and my Yoast SEO plugin on my site. For the default calendar view (each month view, too) and in the list view, I am not sure where I can set up meta/page titles on the WP backend. I am not familiar with HTML or PHP coding and was just hoping there is a way to set these titles on the backend UI without editing files. Thanks for any help!

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hello sethcutter,

Your best bet for setting the meta/page titles is going to be on the individual event pages. If you’re familiar with the WordPress SEO metabox settings, they are the same for events as they are for any other page/post. As far as the calendar and other views go, the titles of those pages are pretty much embedded in the code, which actually does a fair job as far as SEO goes. To change them would require some code editing, which it sounds like wouldn’t be worth the effort for you.

Does that make sense?

— Julie

Seth Cutter
    Participant

Hi Julie,
    Thanks so much for your response. I was able to adjust individual event SEO settings on each event, as well as the taxonomy for individual events. However, I’m not worried so much about SEO as much as my page titles being consistent across my site. Since it does sound like I will need to adjust some code, could you point me in the direction of some instructions as far as how to edit the proper files? Thank you!

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi sethdcutter,

We do have some resources available in our Themer’s Guide (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/) and Documentation (http://docs.tri.be/). And perhaps there might be something on our Tutorials page (https://theeventscalendar.com/the-events-calendar-for-wordpress-tutorials/) that would be helpful too, but I didn’t spot anything that suited your situation specifically.

Does that help?

— Julie

Seth Cutter
    Participant

Hi Julie,
    Thanks for providing those resources. Unfortunately, I am still not able to find a fix. However, I have identified that this title issue is somehow set up in the month and list view page templates. I am able to see that the “tribe-events-header” is controlling the title. Can you identify the files that are creating the page titles? Thanks again!

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi again sethdcutter,

You are venturing into the area of custom coding and I can’t really help you with that beyond providing the resources already mentioned. Unless you have your own expertise to call upon, you may want to look at getting some help from a developer to come up with a bespoke solution for you. I hope you can understand why we aren’t able to provide that level of service in these forums.

If you need some help in locating a developer I may be able to point you in a couple of directions, if you’d like.

— Julie

Seth Cutter
    Participant

Hi Julie,
    I appreciate your response but really would just like to be pointed in the direction of what files are controlling the title tags for the page templates I referenced. I do feel like this is something I can handle if someone from your team can just identify where these lines of code are. I also feel it would be a great addition to your product if all the different templates used in your plugin had easy SEO editing ability, especially since some templates (i.e. single events) already do.

I am sorry if I sound difficult, but I have invested a fair amount of money into buying your product and felt like an issue as small as this would be relatively straightforward to receive support on.

Thanks,
    Seth

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Seth,

I mentioned this to a team mate and he had a snippet that might address your issue. Can you take a look at http://pastebin.com/QU2aMwBJ, particularly lines 3-4? Does putting that in your functions.php file solve the issue for you?

— Julie

Seth Cutter
    Participant

Hi Julie,
    I think that did it for me. Thanks very much for looking into my issue, and I really appreciate the time and follow-up provided to bring this to a resolution.
    Thanks again,
    Seth

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Yoast SEO question’ is closed to new replies.