Yoast Premium conflict. Your help isn't helping. Getting very frustrated.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Yoast Premium conflict. Your help isn't helping. Getting very frustrated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    J Reddick
    Participant

I have tested the plugins that are left, and deactivating Yoast SEO Premium, I can edit events.

I’m not jumping up and down for joy, as I’ve had this happen with BNE Testimonials, EWWW image optimizer, and Rating-Widget: Star Review System (Premium). This year as your updates progressed, I’ve found that turning these off let me edit again. I need them, so I would turn them off, edit and turn them on again. Now I must add Yoast Premium to the list.

I have retested them all, since this has been a moving target, and find that if I deactivate Yoast, they only other plugin that is causing a problem is the Rating Widget. Yoast is a biggie and you know it. I only seem to have this problem on this site, which is the only one I have Yoast Premium on. Surely, you must have had others with the same issue. I obviously need Yoast.

Besides having this specific issue, I’m unhappy about the moving target aspect of this. I turned off BNE and it worked. Then it didn’t. Went through all the trouble shooting, turned off EWWW and it worked. Few weeks later, not working, back to testing plugins, turned off Rating Widget, working again. Week later, not working. Now I turn off Yoast Premium and retest with the other plugins I have turned off and found that (at least today) I can turn all but Ratings widget on.

Also, if it will help with figuring out at your end: I could get it to work for a few events (no longer than a day), if I ran WP Optimize to clean up dbase and improve speed. Also, when it was behaving this way, it usually would not enter correct fusion builder edit mode clicking ‘edit’ button on live view; had to go to events, find in admin screen and click edit there. When I got to being a problem like this, it would usually only work a few times, and i’d be back where I was. This is why I gave up on this and the last two tickets have been about editing in mySql.

You have not helped with this. You sent me a bunch of links, all of which I reviewed, but no help. I cannot get to the meta title tag, which I still want to know how to do as a last option – and one that I must have until this other issue is resolved. I cannot work with Yoast turned off because I can’t get to the meta title without it and that is major for SEO and search display.

PLEASE help!

Last ticket:

May 23, 2018| Permalink
    I’m having to edit using the posts table for most event data, and supposedly wp_postmeta for dates, and I would assume things that don’t show up in the main wp_posts table. But I cannot find the title used in the yoast (I looked in the yoast tables as well). I need to know how edit what is used as the meta title tag. Where is it?

Jaime
    May 23, 2018| Permalink
    CORRECT ANSWER?
    Thanks so much for reaching out!

You can find more information about the Post Meta Data that we reference in the following Knowledgebase article:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wordpress-post-meta-data/

You can also read about Yoast Titles and Meta data in the following article that I found on their website:

https://kb.yoast.com/kb/yoast-wordpress-seo-titles-metas-template-variables/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello J,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I was sad to read about your troubles and conflicts with all the plugins. I will do my best to help you resolve this.

Thank you for sharing all the details and the testing you have done.

If I understand correctly, there are several plugins that are causing some sort of a conflict and won’t let you edit your events. Do I get that correctly?

These plugins include:

• BNE Testimonials Pro
    • EWWW image optimizer
    • Rating-Widget: Star Review System (Premium)
    • Yoast Premium

I see that 3 of these are premium versions. Unfortunately I do not have access to those.

You might have done this, but it is not clear from your post: did you test the conflicts with a default theme like twentysixteen? Also, did you test if the plugins separately cause issues?

What is the exact issue you are experiencing? Can you go to the event edit screen, or not even that? Do you get any error messages in the browser console (F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I on Chrome / Firefox, Option + Cmd + J on Safari Mac) when the page loads? Are fields disabled?

Screenshots or screen recordings of the issue can also help a lot!

I have installed the free versions of those 4 plugins and activated them. I didn’t experience any issues so far. If you can share with me copies of the premium versions I can test those as well.

Looking forward to helping you solve this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Yoast Premium conflict. Your help isn't helping. Getting very frustrated.’ is closed to new replies.