Year-old past event Tweets are being retweeted. Are the updates causing this?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Year-old past event Tweets are being retweeted. Are the updates causing this?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Since updating the latest version, year-old past event tweets are being retweeted to everyone. I’ve gone into our Twitter account and deleted all the old retweets that went out yesterday but more have been sent out again today.

I can’t figure out if the Events Calendar Pro or the Events Calendar Eventbrite Tickets updates have anything to do with this. Is this happening to anyone else?

Geoff

Hi Cynthia, nice to see you again!

This is the first report I’ve heard of this. What are you using to push tweets? The Events Calendar should have no direct impact on any other plugin that publishes tweets, but perhaps there is an incompatibility worth looking into.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    I didn’t think it would have an impact either but perhaps there is a conflict. The only tweets being tweeted again are our old event tweets, which is why I thought it might be related to the calendar update.

To push tweets from our website, I am using WP Tweets Pro, Version 1.9.6 | By Joseph Dolson. This is a combination of the free basic WP to Twitter, Version 3.2.13 | By Joseph Dolson and the Pro version–same as the Events Calendar Pro setup.

Thanks for looking into it.
    Cynthia

Geoff

Thanks for following up and confirming, Cynthia!

I think the best thing to do here is to follow up with the WP Tweets Pro team. The Events Calendar doesn’t initiate publishing to Twitter, so my hunch is that the WP Tweets Pro plugin might be hooking into something that is inadvertently triggering that action and they would be the best to know for sure.

I’ll definitely keep this thread open in the meantime in case any questions pop up that we can help answer as they look into it. Our system does auto-close threads after three weeks of inactivity, so pleaseĀ feel free to continue this in a new thread if that happens and we’d be happy to keep the conversation going.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete answer for you here, but I’m hoping the WP Tweets Pro team will be able to help shed some light on what’s happening.

Geoff

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Geoff,

I contacted the WP Tweets PRO & WP to Twitter developer (Joe Dolson [email protected]). He says that they hook into the publishing of new posts. He asked if you’ve made any changes that would be spawning a re-save of data in Events Calendar Pro events–that might execute the save_post action in a situation other than publishing or editing a post?

Geoff

Thanks for following up, Cynthia!

We made a couple of changes in the last version of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO, but nothing that would have had an impact on the save_post action. Here are the release notes for reference:

https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-4-2-5-event-tickets-4-2-5-premium-add-ons/

What versions were you updating from? Perhaps there were changes from earlier.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Year-old past event Tweets are being retweeted. Are the updates causing this?’ is closed to new replies.