Wrong url

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mastafu
    Participant

The Url is wrong (SEO and logical reasons). Right now it is domain.com/event/events-name/date and it should be (if anything) domain.com/event/date/events-name

Normal order is domain/category/subcategory/item
    In your case we have it like that: domain/category/item/subcategory

Please fix that by adding option to change order, I understand that many people have it the wrong way but noone did mention or had concerns and subbmited this error before.

Barry

Hi Mastafu,

We’re open to exploring changes here. What I’d highlight straight away though is that if, hypothetically, we were to change the permalink structure across the board as of the next release then that would in itself have a potentially negative impact on many users who might not be so keen to see changes here.

The Url is wrong (SEO and logical reasons). Right now it is domain.com/event/events-name/date and it should be (if anything) domain.com/event/date/events-name

Can you help us to understand why this is better for SEO reasons? In terms of being more logical I have to say I think that is very subjective – I personally don’t think the format you are proposing is particularly more logical – but we’d be interested in hearing your arguments and, with regards to being better for SEO, any references you can provide to support this.

That’s not to put you on the spot but simply to help us better understand your point of view.

Normal order is domain/category/subcategory/item
    In your case we have it like that: domain/category/item/subcategory

Can you describe the set-up that would lead to this sort of URL being used – is this for single event URLs and if so what is your permalink structure?

mastafu
    Participant

This is url for this post …
    tri.be/support/forums/topic/wrong-url/#post-72304
    and it is a good url.

now this is an url from my website and any other based on your plugin
    vivatou.com/festyn/festiwal-biale-noce/2013-06-11/

this 2013-06-11 is a sub-category thus shuld be before festiwal-biale-noce, which is a events/items name.

If I would like to point to this category – 2013-06-11, with your url setup i can’t 🙂

If you change the order to mine, it will be possible.
    This vivatou.com/festyn/2013-06-11/ lets you access all events from that date.

Logical enough ?

Barry

OK, thanks for the input 🙂

It’s not a category or sub-category at all, however, but a date.

If you happen to perceive it as being a category then I can see some sort of logic there, but I’m not sure that’s a strong enough reason to warrant a change here. If you still feel strongly about this please do post a feature request over on our UserVoice page – that way other customers can add their support and that will give us a better impression of how much demand there might be for this.

Right at this point in time though I don’t think we’ll be taking this further and will close the thread. Please understand we’re very grateful that you took the time to share this idea, though, it is genuinely appreciated to receive this sort of feedback.

Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong url’ is closed to new replies.