Wrong sequence displaying recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Wrong sequence displaying recurring events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning from Germany,

we have an issue with displaying recurring events.

We use all the pro plugins including the filter bar plugin.

If we have the case that an organizer has an recurring event, say weekly, and we select those organizer in the filterbar then the displayed event in the result list is not the next one but it seems to show an event randomly. After pressing browser refresh the result is correct. Tested with Safari and Firefox.

Example: https://finde-deinen-malkurs.de/kurse/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe_organizers=3995

Or go to: https://finde-deinen-malkurs.de/kurse/ and the select: “Apollo-Art Johannes Margreiter” in the field: “Kursanbieter”.

Please Help

Best Regards
    Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

Do you only see this issue with this one organizer or with all of your organizers?

Can you take a screenshot of the missing event on the backend so I can try to replicate things on my end?

Can you try updating all of your Events Calendar related plugins to their most recent versions and test if this issue still occurs then?

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

thanks for your feedback,

My answers to your questions:

1. Yes, this issue exists for all organizers with recurring events and only for recurring events
    2. You see the missing events if you click in the example on “show all events” : https://finde-deinen-malkurs.de/kurse/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe_organizers=3995
    3. No, I can’t because there is another bug in your plugin (tickets) which prevents us to switch of the most current version

Regards Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for providing that information.  Unfortunately I’m not able to replicate this issue, as things seem to be working as expected with my current setup.

In that case, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong sequence displaying recurring events’ is closed to new replies.