Wrong number of available tickets after editing capacity

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Wrong number of available tickets after editing capacity

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Marko
    Participant

Hello,

I had a strange problem on my live site where I started registrations with 3 time slots, each with 100 tickets(RSVP). I named them 10AM, 11AM and 12PM. At some point I had to change capacity to 35 for 10AM and 11AM and 30 for 12PM. After update capacity was wrong. On most slots it was saying that there is 0 available tickets, and that is wrong since none of them was truly full, and when all tickets are gone normal way without updating number of tickets it says “Out of stock” so not sure how it works and why are there “0 available”.
    I made a test on new clean wordpress site with default theme and everything, using only your plugins – event-tickets, event-tickets-plus, the-events-calendar and events-calendar-pro. I’ve created “Test” event with 3 RSVP slots 10AM, 11AM and 12PM with capacity 35, 35 and 30. I reserved 3 tickets for 10AM slot and it works fine and after that there was 32 available so that’s ok. After that I changed capacity to 25 for that slot so it should be 22 remaining but instead it shows 19. Like it doubled reserved spots after capacity update. Maybe that happened on live site but there were more attendees so it went to 0 available.
    Please advice because event is approaching and this is creating a lot of trouble for me.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support. I’m not sure if this is a bug yet, but can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins? If you would prefer not to do this on your live site, WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. Let me know what you find!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Marko
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

as I said, I tried with clean WordPress site using default settings and theme and only your plugins, I think this is a bug you easily reproduce.

Thanks

Marko
    Participant

Hello again,

here is a video showing step by step to reproduce this bug: https://www.useloom.com/share/41fd6d2c3c2b442fa17bc1e3767932f3

1. Install WordPress
    2. Enable your plugins
    – Event Tickets
    – Event Tickets Plus
    – The Events Calendar
    – The Events Calendar PRO
    3. Create new event and add new RSVP with name 10AM for example and capacity 35
    4. Go to event page and reserve 5 tickets
    5. Now there is 30 available spots
    6. Change capacity from 35 to 25
    7. Available spots should be 20, but it is 15

Please take a look at this ASAP because I have a live event registration where I can’t change capacity because of this bug. There should be around 10000 people registered for this event in the end, and this bug is causing registration not to work properly, so there’s a lot people calling my customer. This is making me and them look bad. This is basic feature that should work. Looking forward to your quick answer and fix.

Thank you

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I see and was able to replicate. I also spoke with devs and they are working to push out a fix. I am marking this as a pending fix and as soon as its released we will notify. Unfortunately I don’t know exactly when that will happen. In the meantime, I raised the capacity to 40 based on your example to get the correct amount again.

Hope that works as a workaround until this is resolved.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Marko
    Participant

Hello,

Raising capacity doesn’t fix my problem, but I’m glad you are working on this bug. I hope that it will be solved soon.

Thanks

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

So sorry about that. A fix should be coming soon and we will notify you.

Thanks for your patience.

Brendan

Marko
    Participant

Is there any update on this?

Thank you

Brendan
    Keymaster

Looks like its pending the release so it should be coming out shortly. Not sure exactly when. We will let you know as soon as its released.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marko!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Marko
    Participant

Hello Victor,

Great news, I’ll test it and let you know. Do you know what plugin was causing this?

Thank you

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

It looks like a release on the Event Tickets plugin.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong number of available tickets after editing capacity’ is closed to new replies.