Wrong link showing on mobile versus desktop

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Wrong link showing on mobile versus desktop

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Erin Guenterberg
    Participant

On desktop, the correct link for events are showing. However, on mobile, the event links are showing the last year (2016) information. Please advise.

Erin Guenterberg
    Participant

Update and more details regarding this issue I’m having:

Mobile does not seem to be working at all on my site (www.lakecountryfamilyfun.com).
    For the calendar ad space above the calendar, I took off the “maternity” ad and replaced it. On desktop it is correct. On mobile, it still shows the maternity ad.
    Also, mobile views for a certain day Ex: (http://www.lakecountryfamilyfun.com/events/2017-08-27/) shows correctly on desktop, but again, not on mobile.
    Repeatedly, having the wrong information/date (2016) pull up on mobile is very problematic for my readers who are looking for things to do the current week/weekend/day.

I have not made a single update recently, so I do not understand why mobile v. desktop would just stop working. Many of my readers access the site via mobile v. desktop, so this is VERY problematic for me.

I look forward to your assistance with this issue.

Erin Guenterberg
    Participant

Additional issues noted:

On DESKTOP, the above calendar ad is correct (after clearing the cache), EXCEPT,

when in the month view / then if select “view all 5 events for July 31” / and then the maternity ad shows up again
    OR when just type in the URL for a day, the maternity ad shows.

Here’s the link difference: THIS WORKS for the correct ad http://www.lakecountryfamilyfun.com/events/today/?tribe-bar-date=2017-07-31
    This shows the maternity ad: http://www.lakecountryfamilyfun.com/events/2017-07-31/

Another example on DESKTOP.

When going to the calendar and looking at the month of August, if click on view more events for August 3rd this happens:

http://www.lakecountryfamilyfun.com/events/2017-09-03/
    DON’T see the junk parade
    DO see the maternity ad

When going to the calendar and looking at the month of August and then click view as “DAY” and then select 9/3 this happens:
    http://www.lakecountryfamilyfun.com/events/today/?tribe-bar-date=2017-09-03
    DO see the junk parade
    DO see the google ad, not maternity one

Please assist why this issues are happening. Thank you!

Barry

Hi Erin,

I’m sorry for the delayed response.

We do try to stick to one issue per topic, but let’s start by focusing in on just one issue. The initial problem you described was one where events taking place in 2017 show (when viewed with a mobile device) as taking place in 2016:

Also, mobile views for a certain day Ex: (http://www.lakecountryfamilyfun.com/events/2017-08-27/) shows correctly on desktop, but again, not on mobile.

Repeatedly, having the wrong information/date (2016) pull up on mobile is very problematic for my readers who are looking for things to do the current week/weekend/day.

I’m not seeing this or else am not following the problem correctly.

Where exactly are you seeing the reference to 2016 when you view this via a handheld device and what sort of device/browser are you using?

Thanks!

Erin Guenterberg
    Participant

Hi Barry,

This is the link that we originally had an issue with:
    http://www.lakecountryfamilyfun.com/event/touch-truck-merton/ When looking
    at this event from desktop (chrome) it was correct 2017. However, when this
    link was clicked from an android or iphone mobile, it showed a 2016 date.

Thank you,

~ Erin Guenterberg
    Lake Country Family Fun
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Pinterest
    Twitter
    [email protected]

Barry

Thanks, Erin!

I have to say, though, that whether I visit from my desktop browser or on an Android device the content is essentially the same. To clarify, where exactly on the page does it state that it is taking place in 2016, when you visit with a mobile device?

The references to the date that I see don’t indicate that, so far as I can tell.

Erin Guenterberg
    Participant

Barry,

Can we focus on this instead. (I think it will solve all problems if you can tell me why this is happening).

We changed the image above our calendar on July 1st, but we are still seeing it show up on various views. For example, on my phone, when I click the link to our calendar, I still see it (it’s the motherhood maternity ad that was deleted about a month ago). Other views shows the google ad (which IS correct).

Can you tell us why the above calendar image/ad changes in some views/places and not others. It happens in mobile and desktop.

Barry

It sounds typical of a caching issue. You do seem to be using W3TC (a popular caching plugin) and the discrepancy could be especially pronounced due to browser side caching.

If you clear the cache and/or disable that plugin, do things clear up for you?

Erin Guenterberg
    Participant

Barry,

I did a database cache, and it did not solve my problems.

I ran into this problem tonight:
    A client of mine asked me to update a link for her. I’m seeing the correct
    one. She’s seeing the old one. The link is supposed to be for August 18.
    The first screenshot from my chrome desktop is here:
    [image: Inline image 1]

She sent me these screenshots from her desktop, which are the wrong date:
    [image: Inline image 2]
    [image: Inline image 3]

This is very problematic as the Events Calendar is the hub of my website. I
    cannot have events that are showing up on the wrong dates on other people’s
    desktops/mobiles.

~ Erin Guenterberg
    Lake Country Family Fun
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Pinterest
    Twitter
    [email protected]

Barry

Hi Erin,

Perhaps because you replied by email I’m not seeing the images. Can you login and upload them/attach them to your next reply directly?

I did a database cache, and it did not solve my problems.

I’m not quite sure what you mean, here.

To be clear: did you disable that plugin (W3TC) or did you just clear the cache, or something else?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong link showing on mobile versus desktop’ is closed to new replies.