Wrong gettext-domain in venue.php preventing translation

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Wrong gettext-domain in venue.php preventing translation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Hey everybody,

for the community events venue.php file uses the “tribe-events-calendar”-domain instead of “tribe-events-community”, there are about 4 or 5 translations missing even though the .mo and .po files are all perfectly set up.

Casey
    Participant

Sebastian,
    Can you confirm what version of Community you’re using? I’m not seeing this in the latest version of Community, so it might be time for you to update the plugin. Just let me know. Thanks!

Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Hey Casey,

it’s 3.3. I bought the plugins after your last release, right before christmas. Changing the lines in venue.php worked out perfectly fine, fixing those issues. But it would be nice to include those fixes in future updates so we dont have to do it again. 🙂

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know about this! I’ll open a ticket with our developers to confirm that this will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers,
    Casey

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We were not able to get a fix into our forthcoming 3.4 release. However, this issue is still definitely a priority for us and we plan to work on it for an upcoming release. We will update this thread at that time. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hello seifenigel,

I’m looking into this a little further, and I’m wondering if maybe the problem is that your translation files are outdated. Can you tell me what language you’re using, and also give me a screenshot of the untranslated strings? That would help me troubleshoot and hopefully give you a solution. Thank you!

– Leah

Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Hello Leah,
    sorry I can’t remember the exact issue anymore (it’s been quiet a while). What I remember is:

– I bought version 3.4.1 of PRO, Community and FB Import 2 days after release. They where perfectly up to date.
    – The translation file (german) for Community looked perfect (both original and translated string), but it simply didn’t show up in frontend.
    – Changing the strings didn’t work.
    – What worked was using the tribe-event-calender translation files instead the community translation files.

Right now, I can’t recreate the issue, for I don’t want to update the software at this point. I made quiet a view localization-changes that remain unfixed in the 3.4.1. (I made seperate posts for those).

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Leah

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for your response. Sometimes even if you are running the latest version of a plugin, the translation files included in that plugin are outdated. All our translations are done by community members, so if no one volunteers the translation file might be several versions behind the actual plugin’s version, which can cause these sorts of holes in the translations.

Am I understanding correctly that you got things working properly, at least for now? Or did you still need help with anything?

Best,

Leah

Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Hello Leah,

right now, for my running version, it’s resolved and works finde, but i’d like to see it fixed in future releases. There are quiet a few localisation issues in your otherwise great and perfect event calendar and if you guys like, i could send you a full report for all the extensions we use. 🙂

The translation files are all perfect, I can’t stress this enough! The venue.php simply isn’t pulling the right data (hope you get what i mean with my broken english…).

Leah

Hi seifenigel,

We have a number of projects in the works to improve our localization and compatibility for folks in other countries. Hopefully we’ll have some of those available for you soon!

We are looking into a problem with the text domain of some Community Events strings. Thanks for your patience while we work in improve our translations!

Best,

Leah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong gettext-domain in venue.php preventing translation’ is closed to new replies.