Wrong events displayed under category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Wrong events displayed under category

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Hunter

I have events which are not marked “Camping” showing up in the “Camping” event category – please see example here: http://familyoffestivals.com/events/category/camping/?action=tribe_photo&tribe_paged=2&tribe_event_display=photo

Any help is appreciated. Very frustrated.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy joinfof,

I am going to have some of our devs take a look at this. This could be a bug related to photo view and future events. I will keep you apprised of what we find out. Thanks for posting!

– Brook

Hunter

It appears to show the wrong order not only in photo, but all the other views as well.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for reporting this. I am not seeing an issue in any other views, not on your site nor on test ones. I am able to duplicate the issue by going to a category, selecting photo view, and clicking Next or Previous. But this is only happening in photo view. If you do see the same problem somewhere else I would really appreciate it if you sent us a link to the page again, and maybe documented the steps that you got you to that page as sometimes that plays a part too.

Thanks again for pointing it out! We are adding a fix to this to an upcoming maintenance release.

– Brook

Hunter

I just tried it again in all views and it still goes back to the oldest events rather than the most recently passed.

http://familyoffestivals.com/events/past/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1
    http://familyoffestivals.com/events/map/?action=tribe_geosearch&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past

Brook
    Participant

You are a bug finding machine joinfof! I am able to reproduce this on my testing server. This is a separate bug, but obviously still unwelcome behavior. It relates to clicking << Previous Events on any of the Upcoming Views, including Map, Photo, and List.

I just let the developers know about this bug as well. Thank you so much for helping us find it and providing the requested details. I will keep you posted about a fix.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy joinfof,

I have exciting news. Jessica has created a patch for the photo category view issue. In our tests this fixes your original issue of paging not working in Category Photo view. Paste the following gist into your functions.php:
    https://gist.github.com/jazbek/8312881

We are still working on sorting issue for past events. Both this fix and the sorting one will be included in a forthcoming release.

Please let me know if that fixed it for you as well.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy joinfof,

I have exciting news. Jessica has created a patch for the photo category view issue. In our tests this fixes your original issue of paging not working in Category Photo view. Paste the following gist into your functions.php:

We are still working on sorting issue for past events. Both this fix and the sorting one will be included in a forthcoming release.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy joinfof,

– Brook

Hunter

I tried pasting it in my theme’s functions.php file and got an error. Am I placing it in the correct functions.php file?

Brook
    Participant

Yes, you are putting it in the correct place. What specifically is the error? Probably our most common issue when people see errors from pasting to functions.php, is that they have duplicate opening <?php tags. Are you seeing <?php multiple times in your functions.php? If so you only need one at the very top before anything else, and except in rare circumstance you should not need any closing php tags like the following anywhere in your file: ?>

Let me know if that helps. If not, please copy the error here so I can look at it. Thanks!

– Brook

Hunter

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/hwas/public_html/wp-content/themes/Avada/functions.php on line 1472

Hunter

I’ve placed the snippet at the bottom of my functions.php. I’m not getting the error, but I’m still getting the same result as before. Events are being displayed with the oldest.

add_filter( ‘tribe_events_pro_pre_get_posts’, ‘tribe_fix_photo_category_pagination’ );
    function tribe_fix_photo_category_pagination( $query ) {
    // check & set event category
    if ( isset( $_POST[‘tribe_event_category’] ) && $query->get( TribeEvents::TAXONOMY ) == ” ) {
    $query->set( TribeEvents::TAXONOMY, $_POST[‘tribe_event_category’] );
    }

return $query;
    }

Hunter

This snippet is for photo view losing category during pagination. My issue is my oldest events are displayed first when selecting “Previous Events.”

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We were not able to get a fix into our forthcoming 3.4 release. However, this issue is still definitely a priority for us and we plan to work on it for an upcoming release. We will update this thread at that time. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong events displayed under category’ is closed to new replies.