wrong addresses coming up on google maps

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator wrong addresses coming up on google maps

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    evancorylevine
    Participant

the addresses that are coming up as the google maps addresses are totally different than the addresses that are being synced from google’s icals. I just turned off the google calendars on my imports because of this. Is there a fix?

evancorylevine
    Participant

Here are some more pictures to show this curious behavior. It has the correct address, but then puts a seemingly random different address in the google maps section. This other address is nowhere to be found in the original source.

evancorylevine
    Participant

What’s more, turning google maps off does not seem to turn off google maps… :/

Hi Evan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, can you try updating your PHP version to at least 5.6? You can find out more information about that here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/php-version-requirement-changes/

In addition, some changes have been made to the Google Maps API recently.  Can you check to make sure you have things configured properly there:

https://theeventscalendar.com/important-google-maps-api-changes/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

evancorylevine
    Participant

I added the API key before this issue revealed itself. I updated PHP this morning, and now the addresses are wrong, and the descriptions are missing. :/

Hi Evan,

I’m sorry to hear that did not work for you.

Does this issue only occur when you import from Google Calendar?

If so, can you provide me with the URL that you are using to import from Google Calendar, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

evancorylevine
    Participant

This issue seems to only happen with Google calendar.

Here’s are the two calendars which are doing this:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/146q9pgvlqb10bj625onvelgk8%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/avri3rm0h2ripve1ph6fv42j3g%40group.calendar.google.com/private-1fe141e11248648899ebf53576d05e67/basic.ics

also, the event descriptions are now not showing up.

Thank you.

Hi Evan,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

If you enabled Use latitude and longitude where you edit your event venue, do you see the address updated to the right address?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

evancorylevine
    Participant

I see no such function.

evancorylevine
    Participant

I see now. I do not have that function because it is only in Pro, which I do not have. I am being trepidatious with purchasing more of your products until the one which I have purchased operates correctly.

Hi Evan,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem.

Unfortunately, I could reproduce the same issue on my end. I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

evancorylevine
    Participant

Thanks. any word on why my event descriptions stopped syncing last week?

Hi Evan,

We are currently looking into the issue and have a bug report on it, so that a fix will be released for this issue sometime in the future.

We will notify you when a fix has become available.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘wrong addresses coming up on google maps’ is closed to new replies.