WPMS Facebook Importer Timestring Parsing Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator WPMS Facebook Importer Timestring Parsing Issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nitin
    Participant

Hi Team

I’m getting this below warning twice while importing FB events on a multisite instance.

Warning: DateTime::modify(): Failed to parse time string (5:30 hours) at position 5 (h): The timezone could not be found in the database in /home/public_html/domain.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php on line 854

Warning: DateTime::modify(): Failed to parse time string (5:30 hours) at position 5 (h): The timezone could not be found in the database in /home/public_html/domain.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php on line 854

Issue is in function offset_date_to_timezone and below line
    // modify the timezone with offset
    $datetime_obj->modify( $gmt_offset . ‘ hours’ );

All plugins TEC, TEC Pro, FB Importer are updated as of today with 3.1.

In the MPMS, one of the subdirectory site, timezone is UMT +5:30.

Please suggest, what all logs I can provide, or how this issue can be debugged. I can provide necessary info.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey there Nitin,

I’m going to pass this along to one of the dev-minded folks to take a look at. They’ll get back to you as quick as they can.

Thanks for your understanding!

— Julie

Barry

Thanks Nitin:

All plugins TEC, TEC Pro, FB Importer are updated as of today with 3.1.

Can you confirm that same error still occurs, particularly that the line number is still the same?

Nitin
    Participant

Hi Berry. I forgot to mention, I’ve added code from below as well, in order to fetch cover pic, which was 150×150 post 3.1 update.
    https://gist.github.com/codearachnid/5371606

Without above code, this is the error

Warning: DateTime::modify(): Failed to parse time string (5:30 hours) at position 5 (h): The timezone could not be found in the database in /home/public_html/domain.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php on line 822

Warning: DateTime::modify(): Failed to parse time string (5:30 hours) at position 5 (h): The timezone could not be found in the database in /home/public_html/domain.com/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php on line 822

Barry

Hi Nitin – what is your WordPress timezone setting (found in the Settings → General admin screen) and how much control do you have over the hosting environment – can you for instance install the timezonedb extension on your server?

Nitin
    Participant

Hi Berry

Thanks for your reply. My timezone setting is UMT +5:30 in Settings->General Admin. However this is a multicity site, hence across various subsites, it will have different timezones (all selected as UMT +/-). This site runs of asmallorange VPS. So I think I sud be able to get this extension installed.

Post installing this, how we’ll go about it?

Regards
    Nitin

Barry

I believe you need only install it and it will work its magic. It may not resolve this but it’s worth a try in the first instance.

My timezone setting is UMT +5:30 in Settings->General Admin. However this is a multicity site, hence across various subsites, it will have different timezones (all selected as UMT +/-).

Is this only a problem on certain subsites / with certain timezone settings then, as far as you can tell?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘WPMS Facebook Importer Timestring Parsing Issue’ is closed to new replies.