WPML translated calendar View’s not working.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WPML translated calendar View’s not working.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kreg
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Re: WPML and Translated “Veiw As”

The default language is English and the translation is French.
    The Calendar in English is working great, however, on the translated french side the View As > Mois, Liste, Semaine, Jour, Carte as not loading the slug correctly. i.e. http://waterskicanada.ca/test/fr/events/

However, If I use the shortcode [tribe_events] in the translation the view will render the slugs correctly the View As > Mois, Liste, Semaine, Jour, Carte. i.e. http://waterskicanada.ca/test/fr/calendar/ , however, the Filter bar goes away with the Short Code.

Question: How can I edit the Slug for the translation for the different Views As > List, Week, Day, Map, so they display correctly?

Thanks for the Support
    Kreg

Barry

Hi Kreg,

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve hit up against some difficulties here. The above knowledgebase article offers some steps that might just help:

Starting with version 3.5.3, WPML uses caching to offer awesome performance on multilingual sites.

With that in mind, sometimes this can also cause 404 error messages, especially after one of the following changes:

• Upgrading one of our plugins
    • Activating a WPML option such as “Custom post slug”

To resolve this, here is the recommended procedure:

• Disable WPML custom slug translation (see step 6 above)
    • Save the settings
    • Re-enable WPML custom slug translation
    • Save the settings
    • Flush permalinks in WordPress under Settings > Permalinks > Save

These steps will flush the WPML cache and avoid 404s errors in the calendar.

Can you give those a try?

Kreg
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thank you for the email. Yes – I did as you asked. It did resolve all the view except http://waterskicanada.ca/test/fr/events/carte/?tribe-bar-date=2017-03-11 The same 404s errors are occurring. That is the Veiw As > Carte.

Thanks Kreg

Barry

Hi Kreg,

That’s definitely unusual.

Please bear with me while I dig into this a little more: the map view slug is registered separately from other Events Calendar PRO views such as week and photo view and that may lie behind this discrepancy — but it may require just a little more digging to isolate the problem.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Kreg: apologies for the lack of movement on this issue. Does this remain a problem for you?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Geoff B.

Hey Kreg,

Just a quick follow-up here.

Provided you have the latest version of everything, you should be able to translate the map view slug.

Head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:

1. Clearing WPML cache
    2. Flushing your permalinks

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML translated calendar View’s not working.’ is closed to new replies.