WPML & Recurring Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions WPML & Recurring Events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jens Holvoet

HI

I have been looking at every possible ticketing and booking plugin possible, but can’t find one that suits my needs. Every plugin always seems to have one or multiple issues.

Here are the features that I need:

– We are organizing recurring dinner shows. So 4-5 times a week there will be a show at the same location. People need to be able to select their date of registration and make the payment.

– 4 price categories: VIP, Regular, Child & Free

– Accepting online payments.

– Our customers are mainly Japanese, Korean, Russian and Chinese. I have read that there are several issues regaring Event Calendar Pro and WPML, specifically regarding the translation of Recurring Events. I also read that Events Calendar 3.12 would solve these issues and that the update just came out in September, but I couldn’t find any documentation yet.

I would like to know if buying Events Calendar PRO and the WooCommerce Tickets Add-on would solve my issues… has the recurring events issue been fixed?

Thanks in advance
    Jens

Jens Holvoet

So I guess that that nobody can help me out…

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Jens,

We definitely can help you out, I’d be glad to answer your questions. Just in case you had not already seen, we are not available to answer questions on the weekend. But starting in the morning on Monday in the US we begin answering any questions from the weekend such as yours.

The Events Calendar is not compatible with WPML. This KB article outlines how to set them both up together. You could run The Events Calendar and WooTickets together on your site to satisfy all of your needs! There is only one caveat. WooTickets does not yet have good compatibility with recurring events. In order to make a recurring event and WooTickets work their best together, you must first create the recurring event. Then manually add tickets to each individual recurrence. We are aiming to fix this caveat with our next release of the ticketing plugin, which is due out in a month or two.

Does that answer all of your questions?

Cheers!

– Brook

Jens Holvoet

Ok, so for now I would have to add tickets to 1,500 events per year. Because there are about 250 events per year, and there are 6 lanuages. This is basically the same issue that other plugins have. And plugin developers charge more than $2,000 to develop a plugin to work around this issue.

Another question, do you need The Events Calendar to get Wootickets to work?

Jens Holvoet

Oh ok, I just read that you need Events Calendar Pro to get recurring events.

Jens Holvoet

I’m sorry, but I have one more question about the recurring events.

Will I be able to not only post for instance 20 events in English for December, but also post all the translations into Japanese at one click of a button? Or will I have to duplicate each event seperately?

Jens Holvoet

Also, which one of the 4 platforms would you recommend for events? My theme seems to have many issues with Woocommerce.

Brook
    Participant

Ok, so for now I would have to add tickets to 1,500 events per year. Because there are about 250 events per year, and there are 6 lanuages.

Yeah that is a lot. It would be difficult to do manually. This is scheduled to be resolved in the next couple of months when we release a very large update to our tickets framework. But until then tickets would need to be created manually.

Will I be able to not only post for instance 20 events in English for December, but also post all the translations into Japanese at one click of a button?

With a recurring event you will only need to translate it once for each language. Each recurrence will have the translation. So if you have 20 occurence of an event, they will all benefit from your initial translation.

Also, which one of the 4 platforms would you recommend for events?

WooCommerce is the most popular, with EDD coming up second. They are both pretty excellent. If you are not selling any physical products, EDD is awesome. Since EDD is all digital products the tickets within it are easily emailed and printed in a slick fashion.

I should mention that only Events Calendar Pro and The Events Calendar are fully WPML compatible. We do not yet feel comfortable saying that WooCommerce Tickets or Easy Digital Downloads Tickets are fully compatible as we have not finished testing with those.

Does that answer everything? Please let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Jens Holvoet

Yes, thank you. Easy digital download tickets will probably suit me best then. I will check it out and place my order. If the recurrence issue gets solved, then these plugins will turn out to be a great investment anyway.

Brook
    Participant

Excellent! Thank you Jens. If you have any trouble getting them set up or configured don’t hesitate to reach out via the forums and we’ll be happy to help. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML & Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.