WPML language switcher has wrong URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WPML language switcher has wrong URL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Justin Perry
    Participant

When switching back and forth from a single event view, the URL for the default site language is incorrect and has an added “?lang=en” appended to it.

French Version of the Single Event (Default language)
    http://s17949.p507.sites.pressdns.com/event/formation-entraineur-de-club

English Version of the Single Event
    http://s17949.p507.sites.pressdns.com/event/formation-entraineur-de-club/?lang=en

It is on the English version where the link in the language switcher (top left of the page) for the French is wrong.

Geoff B.

Good evening Glenn and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about about the issues you are experiencing with the language switcher in single events.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The first thing I would recommend is to make sure you walk through the following guide: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/

As you will see, translation management and string translation are necessary for complete control 🙂

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Justin Perry
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Glenn,

Thank you for your reply.

That lead me to perform some further testing.
    I tried to match your configuration as close as possible.

While doing so, I was absolutely able to reproduce the issue.
    As such, I will open a bug ticket for this.

You will be happy to know that we are currently working hand-in-hand with the good folks at WPML.
    So this should not take too long to solve. In fact, we should have some pretty nice improvements in our WPML integration to announce this month if everything goes according to plan.

In the meantime, I have found a simple workaround that is not perfect, but that will work.
    What you need to do is to change the language handling of WPML to directory based (any of the two methods will work – see screenshot):

kre

The only downside to this approach is that the faulty ?lang= parameter remains in the URL, but it should buy you some time.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good morning Glenn,

Good news, WPML released a new version this morning (2.5.3) which fixes that specific issue.

I would recommend updating to their latest version and trying it out on your install.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML language switcher has wrong URL’ is closed to new replies.