WPML-compatible

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WPML-compatible

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by SSES Schweizerische Vereinigung für Sonnenenergie.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello
    Thanks at first for this great plugins. They cover exactly what we need, we bought already Community Events and will buy events calendar pro and filter bar, provided that all of them will support WPML. The reason is that we are building a new site in Switzerland which runs in three languages … so, I saw all the threads sind 2014 talking about workarounds for WPML, my question is: when will the Events Calendar support WPML? I need a date to schedule our release against and to check whether we have to go with another solution.
    Thanks for your reply and best regards!

Geoff B.

Good morning and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your great words.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Yes, the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro support WPML: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

We are working on making all of our products WPML compatible as part of our roadmap.
    Alas, I do not have specific dates to offer for now.

This means that Community Event is not yet officially compatible with our plugins.
    The good news however is that a lot of our WPML users have managed to get it working for them using a bit of custom code. You can read about this here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/automatically-duplicating-added-event-calandar-items-on-publish-with-wpml/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Hello thanks for the quick answer – unfortunately, this doesn’t help me too much – I am paying for a premium plugin an d it doesn’t work with one of the widest used translation frameworks. I am a professional developer and do not have an understanding for a) not giving me a date when it will be implemented nor b) why it seems to be soo complicated (since two years now …) So I will spend another hour trying to get this to work and if not, I have to look for another solution – it is a pitty about my work I spent so far configuring and testing the events calendar. But you can close this topic for now. Thanks anyway for the fast answer again.

Geoff B.

Good morning,

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

I am paying for a premium plugin an d it doesn’t work with one of the widest used translation frameworks. I am a professional developer and do not have an understanding for a) not giving me a date when it will be implemented nor b) why it seems to be soo complicated (since two years now …)

I totally understand your frustration. In fact, I personally cannot wait that we achieve complete WPML compatibility for all of our plugins.

You are absolutely right, WPML one of the biggest player in the multilingual market.
    Providing and maintaining compatibility for both the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro has been a very involved process (both in time and efforts). But we are very glad we did so.

As for the release date not being available, this is actually not specific to this feature.
    The reason for this is that we are quite literally bombarded with great feature requests from our awesome customers.

Coding and prioritizing several hundreds of features as fast as we can be trying at times and result in tough choices. For that reason, we typically do not share release dates before we can commit to one.

That being said, to expedite the process, it is always good to vote for features: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/10048827-community-event-frontend-ticket-submision-wpml-s

Simply put, the more votes the higher in the priority queue features get.

With that in mind, you are welcome back in our support forums any time.

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML-compatible’ is closed to new replies.