WPML and WooTickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WPML and WooTickets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    coullbikes
    Participant

Hello,
    I need a biligual website, I am working with a developer on it. We are using WPML, The Events Calendar, we bought WooCoomerce Tickets and now we have an imcompatibility problem that we were not aware of before we bought the extension. After reading the posts here bout the problem, we contacted WPML for help. Here is their answer:
    Yes, the reason is the incompatibility between WPML and the plugin (and add-on).
    We contacted with the plugin author but they’re not ready to work with us.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. This may help expedite the process.
    We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records and once the plugin is compatible with WPML we will notify you.
    Do you plan on getting in touch with them to solve this or have I just lost 65$ and my developer’s time?

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry you’ve hit difficulties here.

We certainly do plan on working with the WPML crew, however as you can understand these things take time. I’d love to hear more detail about the actual problem you are facing, though:

• Does this issue only surface with WooCommerce Tickets or is it a general issue between WPML and The Events Calendar?
    • What is the actual problem? Can you break it down into a few steps so we can try to replicate?
    • Are there any pertinent settings we would need to configure to see the issue (that you are aware of)?

I can’t guarantee being able to resolve this as there may be some deep-rooted issues at work, but without hearing more about what you are actually hitting up against I don’t know that. It would be fantastic if we could have an opportunity to look into this in more detail, if you’re game.

Thanks!

rnsystems
    Participant

We have the same problem, have a solution estimated date?
    Thank you very much!

coullbikes
    Participant

Hi,
    The problem is only between WPML and Tickets, all the rest of TEC seems fine. When WPML is activated, and I try to create a ticket, I get a message that my ticket has been created, but I don’t see it, n the admin or in the front-end. When I de-activate WPML, the ticket now appears everywhere and I am able to create tickets AND see them. If I re-activate WPML, I can still see the tickets I have created so far, including the ones created when WPML was first active, but as soon I try to create a new one, I get back the created message, but not seeing the tickets.
    If needed, I will gladly give you the information to my website so you can check it out.

coullbikes
    Participant

Also, I strongly suggest it should be mentioned somewhere in the product page that there is a compatibility issue with WPML. It would have save my developer a lot of time and efforts.

Barry

OK, well bear with me while we see if we can replicate that problem and I’ll be sure to update you. There might not be much we can do at this point but it’s definitely worth a look.

Also, I strongly suggest it should be mentioned somewhere in the product page that there is a compatibility issue with WPML. It would have save my developer a lot of time and efforts.

I appreciate your viewpoint here, but plugin and theme conflicts are, regrettably, a part of life in the WordPress ecosystem. Frequently they are also transient in nature or hinge on certain settings being in place – with that in mind, I don’t really know that the product page is an appropriate place to selectively list them.

Please be patient though and I’ll take a look at this specific problem.

Barry

Thanks for your patience 🙂

The problem is only between WPML and Tickets, all the rest of TEC seems fine. When WPML is activated, and I try to create a ticket, I get a message that my ticket has been created, but I don’t see it, n the admin or in the front-end.

So I activated WPML (3.1.5) and went through the basic setup procedures for that plugin. There are a lot of options so, of course, I can’t say that the configuration was identical to yours – but I went so far as being able to switch between English and German and tried both enabling and disabling translation support for the events custom post type (via the Translation Options screen).

I was still able to create and edit tickets via the event editor, navigate to the attendee list and view the tickets (and add them to the cart) on the frontend. So, at this point, I’ve been unable to replicate the issue. One possibility is that the conflict is compound in nature. Can you try the following variation of our normal troubleshooting steps?

• Please deactivate all plugins except for The Events Calendar, WooCommerce, WooCommerce Tickets and WPML Multilingual CMS
    • Though we’re keeping the core WPML plugin active please still ensure any other WPML addons are deactivated
    • Switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Thirteen
    • Are you now able to use WooCommerce Tickets as expected?

coullbikes
    Participant

Hi, I tried exactly what you said and I get the same result. Please let me know if you want access to my website to test.

Barry

I’d be happy to take a quick look, before sharing credentials though please note the following:

• We cannot accept responsibility for any problems arising from your sharing credentials or our accessing your site
    • To troubleshoot, we may need to alter settings and/or deactivate plugins or themes
    • We strongly recommend you make a backup before providing access and of course you need to be aware of how to restore that backup

That’s not to terrify you – but just to be clear on where we stand 🙂

If that’s all good, please do post credentials via a private reply and I’ll see if I can discover what might be different.

coullbikes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thank you, that was helpful – I can now replicate this (the problem hinges on the products custom post type being enabled via the WPML → Translations → Custom Posts options).

If it so happened you were able to change that setting as a temporary workaround that would be great, but I do realize that may not be practical. Bear with me a little longer and I’ll see if I can discover anything else as to why this is happening.

Thanks!

coullbikes
    Participant

Hi thanks for the quick answers! You know what, if I can translate the tickets, I don’t really need to translate the products. The only thing we will be selling on the site are tickets, nothing else. So I’ll let you check, but if that works, I will be satisfied!

Barry

It seems to me that you can – so long as you don’t enable translations for products (but do for events and tickets) there should be no problem: would that work for you?

coullbikes
    Participant

It seems to work fine, thanks!

One last question: How do I translate my tickets so it’s the same one, but in french or in English and make them available in both event’s translation?
    Let’s say I have only 10 tickets available, I need them to be available in both language, but as one ticket so I can cap it off.

Barry

Ah, ok. I can picture what you’re hitting up against here.

Honestly I think this is a limitation of the WPML way of doing things. Not that it’s “wrong” or “bad” by any means – but simply that it’s going to be complex for any plugin that has a structure of inter-related posts to add the extra scaffolding needed to workaround this.

I think what you want can be achieved nonetheless with a customization which would broadly work as follows:

• Check to see if a translated version of the event is in use
    • Determine what the source event’s post ID is
    • Alter the ticket form so that the actual tickets used for cart submissions are the “source” tickets, but still use the title/description of the translated tickets

I hope that gives you a few ideas 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML and WooTickets’ is closed to new replies.