WPEngine Object Caching & Event Tickets Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WPEngine Object Caching & Event Tickets Plus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jake
    Participant

Hello,

Several months back we were having trouble with blank registrations on our site and I stumbled across a forum thread where the user had suggested turning off WPEngine’s object caching as that had resolved the issue for him. We took his advice and it resolved the issue for us as well.

I’m wondering if this is something that potentially would have been resolved since then? We have a site with lots of content and therefore it is heavy on queries and ideally we could reenable object caching on our site, however we don’t want to do that if it’s going to lead to blank registrations again as that is obviously a huge hassle for our staff.

I found this thread that was posted recently, but could not view it as it was marked private: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-ticket-plus-wpengine-object-caching/

Thanks!

Travis

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Travis!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The issue mentioned in the thread you linked to, was indeed for a problem with Object Cache systems that caused newly created tickets to not show up immediately after being created.

I can confirm this issue has been fixed already in our 9th maintenance release > https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

However, blank registrations as you mentioned above sounds a different issue. Could you please explain this with more detail? Were you not getting attendee records when having object cache enabled? If so, did you make sure it wasn’t a theme or plugin conflict?

We don’t have any similar reports so far, but please let me know about it so I can test on my end and see if I can reproduce.

Thanks,
    Victor

Jake
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Good news on the object caching fix, thanks for the update on that. The
    issue we were having is that we would receive registrations that didn’t
    include any attendee data. I found a thread on your support forum where
    another user recommended disabling WPEngine object caching, which fixed the
    issue for us. I don’t believe it was a theme or plugin conflict as that was
    the only update we made and then the issue was resolved.

Travis

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Travis,

Thanks for explaining the issue you were having.

I’ve just made some tests on a WPEngine site with Object Cache enabled and I’m not able to reproduce the attendees not being generated.

I have tested this with RSVP tickets only. Just to confirm, could you please let me know if the issue was happening for RSVP tickets or paid tickets? If it was for paid tickets, where you using Tribe Commerce, WooCommerce or EDD to sell your tickets?

Do you have the link to the thread you mention? This way I can have a look and see if there was a bug report attached to it and check the status of the report.

Nevertheless, I’d suggest you update to the latest versions of our plugins as I can see you are a few versions behind. As always, I’d recommend to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Then if everything works on staging, proceed with the updates on your live site and create a test event with some tickets to see if you can replicate the attendees issues with object caching enabled.

Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WPEngine Object Caching & Event Tickets Plus’ is closed to new replies.