WP Super Cache Plugin Configuration

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WP Super Cache Plugin Configuration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Krzysztof
    Participant

There is over a dozen events per day in my calendar therefore loading of month view – every time – takes a few seconds.
    Is any tutorial how to configure WP Super Cache for TEC & ECP?

Barry

Hi Krzysztof – great question!

We don’t actually have a specific tutorial for that and I imagine it might work without any specific-to-The Events Calendar configuration, unless you have already hit difficulties with this?

There are a couple of other things I would like to note:

• One is that the next release should see a marked improvement in month view load times, due to internal caching
    • The other is that – just in case you were not aware – it is possible to configure and limit the number of events shown per day in month view (via the Events → Settings screen) – so that could prove useful here

Does that help?

Krzysztof
    Participant

I set number of events per day at 5.
    I haven’t problem with configuration WP super Cache for static pages, but every time I choose another month in events bar calendar is generated again. Is a possibility to cache ajax parts?
    Maybe next release improvement will be sufficient and I don’t need cache plugin anymore.

Barry

but every time I choose another month in events bar calendar is generated again. Is a possibility to cache ajax parts?

You’re right – unless you can configure your caching plugin to capture and cache month view ajax requests (however, you’d need to proceed cautiously to avoid impacting on other legitimate admin-ajax.php requests that should not be cached) these will be unaffected.

Really though that’s something you’d need to explore under your own steam – and hopefully our own improved month view caching will anyway make for a significant improvement when it arrives 🙂

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Super Cache Plugin Configuration’ is closed to new replies.