WP-admin slow/unusable after latest EC Pro update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WP-admin slow/unusable after latest EC Pro update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Edward
    Participant

Hi,

Since upgrading to the latest TEC version my wp-admin area is VERY slow. It takes me over 22s just to log-in. No other changes have been made.

I see other’s are registering this complaint too.

I’ve had someone look at the site and we’ve analysed the slow processes a few times and have been able to narrow it down to poor performing MySQL query. The query appears to be as follows:

SELECT uhkv_posts.ID FROM uhkv_posts INNER JOIN uhkv_postmeta ON ( uhkv_posts.ID = uhkv_postmeta.post_id ) INNER JOIN uhkv_postmeta AS mt1 ON ( uhkv_posts.ID = mt1.post_id ) INNER JOIN uhkv_postmeta AS mt2 ON ( uhkv_posts.ID = mt2.post_id ) WHERE 1=1 AND ( ( uhkv_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_VenueAddress’ AND uhkv_postmeta.meta_value != ” ) OR ( mt1.meta_key = ‘_VenueCity’ AND mt1.meta_value != ” ) OR ( mt2.meta_key = ‘_VenueZip’ AND mt2.meta_value != ” )) AND uhkv_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_venue’ AND ((uhkv_posts.post_status ‘trash’ AND uhkv_posts.post_status ‘auto-draft’)) GROUP BY uhkv_posts.ID ORDER BY uhkv_posts.ID ASC

Even running that in phpMyAdmin the query took 44.3788 seconds – and only returned 94 rows so its clearly badly optimised.

Could you please advise.

Thanks,
    Dave
    David Orchard (weblad.uk) on behalf of Eddie Ludlow.

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

It looks like this may be related to your venue data.  Have you generated the geolocation information for your venues?  If you go to Events Settings < General, you can Fix Venue Data, which may be able to assist with that issue.

In the meantime, please have a look at our Performance Considerations and see if there is anything you can adjust in order to help your site run better:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/performance-considerations/

After that, you may be interested in caching, so take a look at this article:  https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/caching-basics/

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Nico

Hello,

Reaching out to let you know we released a hotfix for Events Calendar PRO that addresses the performance issues in the admin area. We are sorry about the issues caused and appreciate the patience while we worked a fix out.

Please update Events Caledar PRO to version 4.4.24.2 and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Release blog post → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-events-calendar-pro-4-4-24-2/

Best,
    Nico

Edward
    Participant

Thanks Nico! That hotfix resolved the problem.

Cheers,
    Dave

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WP-admin slow/unusable after latest EC Pro update’ is closed to new replies.