Would like use submitted events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Would like use submitted events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Huse
    Participant

Hi,
    So I have this form that allows a signed in user to create events once the form is filled up.

I would like to create something that connects this form to the fields in the Events Calendar plugin. The end result would be that the event is displayed in the calendar.
    While I realize its something that is not in the scope of the plugin, I was just wondering, if you could point me in the right direction.

In the off chance that the above aim isn’t feasible, I would like to edit the way the events are displayed individually. Like a complete overhaul. I realize that this would require extensive PHP knowledge, and I have done my research on the way the events are displayed. I was wondering if there is any way I can display the location of the event in the form of a map on the events page, instead of the current banner.

Another thing I was looking at is front end submission of events. Is that possible in the current events calendar plugin?

Kind Regards

Courtney

Hi Joseph

https://wpforms.com/create-a-user-submitted-events-calendar-in-wordpress/ might help you with how to achieve this. It may work for other form plugins as well, but I’m afraid I am not able to help support 3rd party integrations at this time.

We’re limited in helping with styling customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms. But a few tips to help you carry this further include:

1. Start by modifying what you can at Appearance » Customize » The Events Calendar.
    2. We generally don’t recommend that you change the theme or plugin’s CSS files directly, as they will be overwritten. To avoid this, follow the steps outlined in Themer’s Guide
    3. Use overriding CSS files, or add CSS to your site using Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS.
    4. Use !important before a semicolon to override every css rule. It’s a brute force method, but works for quick fixes.
    5. Please check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video in addition to our Using Chrome Developer Tools tutorial on how to easily make changes using CSS.

For advanced layout work, please refer to the Themer’s Guide.

We do offer our own user-submitted events plugin with Community Events. These can automatically publish, or be stored as a draft for your review.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Would like use submitted events’ is closed to new replies.