Would like to suppress import of Categories when importing events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Would like to suppress import of Categories when importing events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

HI, Is there a way to suppress the importing of new categories when importing events? I now have many of the same categories only a little different like KIDS / Families and Families / Kids and Children / Families. I have to remove them all manually. IF this is not doable yet, can you consider a check box to not import categories with the event? Thanks!

Geoff

Hi @karen,

Great idea to not include a category on import! I’m happy to share that with the team, though I would recommend opening a feature request as well so that other can add their votes for it.

As you correctly note, there is no way to suppress the category on import– at least for events imported from one WordPress site to another. That appears to be the only source where events import the category along with the event. All other sources leave the category alone.

One thing you might try is to create a placeholder category. You can call this something like Uncategorized and automatically assign all imported events into that category. Then, you can bulk edit all events in that category to remove the category from those events, or simply delete the category altogether, which will also remove the category from all the events and leave them unassigned. I know that’s not a perfect solution, but it would be easier than having to manage multiple imported categories.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Would like to suppress import of Categories when importing events’ is closed to new replies.