Would like to change the way events are displayed on hover

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Would like to change the way events are displayed on hover

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Huse
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to display the events on hover a bit differently.
    Kinda like this https://www.newtonarbitraton.com (please scroll all the way down to the calendar)

I like the way the hover was achieved for those events.

Could you please help or guide me in making the changes to the respective files.

Also, I would like to make a change to the title of the calendar(css class name tribe-events-page-title) to only show the Month name and not the entire title that says Events for #monthname.

Could you please help me out with these two issues.

My earlier issues were resolved promptly and with amazing clarity. Good job guys.

Regards

Cliff

Hi, Joseph.

I tried visiting that link but it said:

This site can’t be reached

http://www.newtonarbitraton.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Would you be able to share a screen capture video to clarify exactly what’s happening here?

Joseph Huse
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I’m sorry about that. The link is https://www.newtonarbitration.com/

The apostrophe was added as I was typing it in.

The calendar is at the bottom half of the page.

Regards

Cliff

Gotcha. The “arbitration” part of the domain was spelled incorrectly before. Sorry I didn’t notice that before.

Regarding hovering on events at that URL, are you saying you want to add the event’s Featured Image in the hover? Or are you wanting something different or in addition to that?

Again, a screenshot and/or video would help.

Joseph Huse
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I would like to display the events in the hover box as displayed in the image below.

Currently, the events calendar pro does display the events in a similar manner, but when I do edit the files to make that change, the script stops working.

I have attached the image of how it would be displayed.
    I would also like to display events that occur on consecutive days as a single event that spans consecutive days.

Both the issues are displayed in the image.

Regards

Cliff

Joseph, sorry to say that images don’t come through via email replies… so I didn’t receive any attachment. Please login to the forum and attach the image(s) and I’ll take a look.

Thanks.

Joseph Huse
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I have attached the image, as to how the images the calendar is to be displayed.

This is more of a screenshot of the final intended look.

Would appreciate it if, you could also show me how to get the hover box clickable.

Regards

Cliff

Thanks for the additional information. We do not provide CSS and template customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms, but I can suggest you customize Month View’s templates, including the tooltips (what the popups are called). These links might be helpful:

You can add custom CSS code via your child theme’s style.css file, via WordPress 4.7’s Customizer CSS settings, or via a third-party plugin (not guaranteed or supported by us), like:

• SiteOrigin CSS (helps you visually build CSS selectors via its Inspector and Visual Editor, if that’ll help you)
    • Simple Custom CSS
    • Jetpack (supports regular CSS and the LESS and Sass pre-processors)

If you’re not a CSS expert, Jetpack’s Custom Design reference may prove helpful.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Joseph Huse
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Part of your solution helped me out.
    I wanted to remove the Events for in the title, which I was able to do, after searching the documentation.

I wanted to ask another query. I wanted to change the destination of my Events. So currently, when I click on the event in the calendar, the link takes me to the events page.
    I would like to change that, by showing a custom page, with the same name. This would have the post type of places, and have the same name as the title of the event on the calendar.

Could you please help out or point me in the right direction.

Thanks and Regards

Cliff

You could reference https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/2e5c53412171363b66864087b6a75bad and modify it for your purposes, but we wouldn’t be able to help further because of the custom nature of your request.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Would like to change the way events are displayed on hover’ is closed to new replies.