Worpdress Multisite on a Single Domain

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Worpdress Multisite on a Single Domain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ben Neale

Hi
    I’m very interested in the Pro version of Event Calendar, as well as Facebook Events and Woocommerce Tickets. I’m using WordPress Multisite – but it’s on a single domain, with each site in a subdirectory. My client is a chain of 5 pubs, and for a variety of reasons, it just makes sense to organise the site in this manner – with each pub in a separate site ( but on the same domain) rather than a standard WP installation. With this in mind – which licence would I require for the above plugins. As it’s a single domain, I’m hoping you’re going to say the cheapest Personal licence. Many thanks.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Ben,

A couple of things for you working in the multisite environment. First, there is no shared calendar. Each site has their own calendar that is independent of all the others. Just so you know.

Second, I’ll let you in on a little secret. When you purchase a license, you gain access to the downloads and support for one year. But we have no idea which site that license is tied to. There’s nothing to stop you from installing it on all your sites, but only entering the license on one. You’d still get the downloads and support. What you don’t get is the ability to do dashboard updates for all sites. You could do that for the one associated with the license, but the others would involve manually uploading the file and installing it. Shhhhh….

Do you have any other questions I can answer?

— Julie

Ben Neale

Thanks Julie. That’s good to hear. There’s no need for a shared calendar, as each pub have there own separate events. There’s never an instance when an event would take place across 2 pubs.

One further question. I’m only planning on installing Woocommerce on one site – the umbrella site for the company as a whole, as opposed to each pub. Given that Event Calendar will be installed on the other ‘pub’ site, will Woocommerce Tickets work with this set up? NB all the sites are on a single domain, with each pub site sitting in a sub directory.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Ben,

Pub? Did you say pub?

Sorry, I got distracted there. If I understand you correctly, I don’t foresee any problem. WooCommerce Tickets is tied to sites, really calendars, the way that Event Calendar PRO is. So if your intention is to only have tickets available from the umbrella site, that should work. If instead you want to have WooCommerce Tickets available on all the sites, the same secret applies. But each site would then have it’s own list of “products” (aka tickets) to manage. That information is kept separately with each site as well.

Did I answer your question?

— Julie

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Worpdress Multisite on a Single Domain’ is closed to new replies.