WordPress XML import sets all events to recurring

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WordPress XML import sets all events to recurring

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pickleshy
    Participant

Hi! I’ve been migrating my ECP data from a standard WP site (livemusicproject.org) to a staged multisite subsite. To do this, I export all content from my production site using the native WP XML exporter, and import it to my staging site using the same tool.

I’m noticing that at some point during the import process, all events are being set to recurring, even though there are only one or two that are actually recurring. Because I’ve had to import data twice to the staging site, I’m not sure if the recurrence was set on the first import, or the second, but I suspect it was the second. Otherwise, the imports went well.

(Had to do a second import because I hadn’t initially defined the Additional Fields on my staging site, so that data didn’t make it over in the import. Once I did the second import, it added all my additional field data to the existing events that had been imported on the first import.)

Have you come across this, and do you have any suggestions as to how to prevent it from happening?

Thanks!
    Shaya

Geoff

Hi there, Shaya! That’s certainly a strange issue and I’m sorry you’re running into it.

There are definitely some limitations with both the WP XML exporter and the ECP CSV importer when it comes to capturing all the correct event data, as I’m sure you’ve already been able to tell. Sorry about that!

Is it possible the the second XML import fooled the system into thinking each event was recurring since there were duplicates? You might want to try re-importing when there are no events on the site and start with a clean slate.

Another (somewhat drastic) option is to remove all the event data from the new site and then re-import the XML from the old site. You can check out the Event Rocket plugin (not supported by us), which has the option to wipe out all data so you have a clean database to work with.

Will either of those work for you? Please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

pickleshy
    Participant

Geoff – wow – the Event Rocket plugin looks phenomenal. Thanks for pointing me to it. I’ll try to reproduce the import issue after cleaning out the DB. It may take a day or two — can we keep this thread open for now?

Geoff

Absolutely and my pleasure! Please give it a shot and let me know what you find. ๐Ÿ™‚

Geoff

Hey there, Shaya! Just checking in to see if thereโ€™s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

pickleshy
    Participant

Hi Geoff! Thanks for checking in. Haven’t yet, but I’m still planning to give this a shot. Ok to keep this open for now?

Geoff

Sure! Keep me posted. ๐Ÿ™‚

Geoff

Hey there, Shaya! We generally close threads that have been inactive for two weeks and we’ve kept this one open for three, so I’m going to go ahead and close it out.ย Please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress XML import sets all events to recurring’ is closed to new replies.