WordPress Search Results Sorting Events by Upcoming Event Date to Later Dates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WordPress Search Results Sorting Events by Upcoming Event Date to Later Dates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Saif
    Participant

By default, it seems search results show the most recent post, and then for (recurring?) events, dates furthest in the future – first in the results.

http://okgamers.com/?s=madden

I’m fine with that article popping up first, but the next result? Events that are MONTHS out? How can we sort by event date, reversing these results by event dates; show events that are coming up soon / today first, and the ones that are months out, last.

I suspect, if this is fixed, sliders/ carousels will also work properly? Aka, if I pull a events taxomony it pulls “furthest event first” vs “next event first”.

http://okgamers.com/slider/

#plshalp

Cliff

Hi, Saif.

The results should definitely be consistent.

If you’d like to alter such things, you might want to look into theĀ tribe_events_pro_all_event_query_orderby_sql filter.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Saif
    Participant

Amazingly, nothing comes up when I google that; could I get a link?

Cliff

There’s no online documentation for that filter, but it’s located in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Event_Query.php

Depending on how you’d like to customize things, you might also look into using default WordPress filters like pre_get_posts and/or posts_search_orderby

I hope this is helpful to you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress Search Results Sorting Events by Upcoming Event Date to Later Dates’ is closed to new replies.