WordPress database errors, Slow performance and Slow Errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WordPress database errors, Slow performance and Slow Errors

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Hi András,

Not sure how it happened- the client manages the Events – I’m just the web dev.

I was able to successfully update the date to a future date instead of the past and that seemed to be fine for the events that said they started in 2018 and ended in 2015.

I spun up a staging site and observed that deleting events from the system (actually just trashing them) had a HUGE performance benefit for the site. Which I think circles back to the fact that the Events pages aren’t caching well and so each Calendar view was queueing up a huge amount of data. With tons of events removed, that amount of data is smaller so it’s faster- but ideally we should just be able to cache.

Is there anyway we can disable the built in crons for refreshing events and instead cache everything and update it with an external cron? The root of the problem seems to be the large number of events + bad caching.

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Matt,

Not sure how it happened – the client manages the Events – I’m just the web dev.

🙂

I spun up a staging site and observed that deleting events from the system (actually just trashing them) had a HUGE performance benefit for the site.

Yeah, lots of events – or posts in general – can do that. I don’t know whether you saw these article before. Might give you some tips.

Regarding the crons, I’m not sure if there are any set up by our plugins. I’ll check and will get back to you on that.

Using a caching plugin should help, though I’m not quite sure how that handles the AJAX calls the calendar uses.

I’ll be in touch soon.

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Matt,

Sorry to get back to you after such a long pause, the thread got out of my sight somehow.

I checked and the plugins don’t set up or run and cronjobs.

Did you try a caching plugin? Does that help?

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress database errors, Slow performance and Slow Errors’ is closed to new replies.