Wordfence file warnings

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Wordfence file warnings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Getting file changed warnings so either the wordpress repository is wrong or else some hacked my site to change what looks like language specific help of some kind:

This email was sent from your website “My Ferguson Community Calendar” by the Wordfence plugin.
    Wordfence found the following new issues on “My Ferguson Community Calendar”.
    Alert generated at Friday 3rd of November 2017 at 11:15:26 AM
    Warnings:
    * Modified plugin file: wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang/the-events-calendar-de_DE.mo
    * Modified plugin file: wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang/the-events-calendar-ro_RO.mo
    * Modified plugin file: wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang/the-events-calendar-ro_RO.po

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

I see Wordfence is giving you warnings. Those are normal language files so I wouldn’t worry about being hacked. This could have for a number of reasons. Maybe they were recently imported from an update or such. Just keep and eye out if you see any other alerts specifically on .php or .js files.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

They compare my files to the files on wordpress.org so it would behoove you
    to insure the correct files are published there and you won’t get these
    questions from hundreds of users. Thanks.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately there is always a window of time when there is a mismatch in some cases depending on when items are uploaded and compared. Definitely keep an eye out for modified js or php files since they are vulnerable to attacks and I would have Wordfence run a automatic daily scan.

Thanks and stay safe,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Wordfence file warnings’ is closed to new replies.