WooTickets/WooCommerce Stock increasing, not reducing?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets/WooCommerce Stock increasing, not reducing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Elaine DeCunha
    Participant

I’m likely over-thinking the issue, or have a setting somewhere that’s making this act this way, but we have a fairly new (non-live) installation that’s working almost perfectly – except that when someone purchases a ticket, it doesn’t actually reduce the available tickets, it simply adds to the count of sold tickets.

Example: The limit for Event A is 20, but 24 people sign up, so according to the Attendee list, there are 24 of 44 tickets sold.

The ‘remaining tickets’ count on the front end seems to remain at the original 20.

I’ve confirmed that PayPal IPN is working and signups are marked as ‘completed’ correctly in the back-end.

There isn’t a lot of custom code beyond superficial code to display SOLD OUT or ‘remaining’.

Thanks in advance!

Nico

Howdy Chris,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I’ll help you here!

This appears to be intended WooCommerce functionality when manually completing WooCommerce orders. WooCommerce does have a way you can manipulate stock after manually completing an order, though. Steps are:

• Manually complete order.
    • Click the View icon (the eyeball) on the Order.
    • Scroll down to “Order Items” and check the box next to the item that was purchased.
    • At the bottom left of the “Order Items” meta box is a drop down. Select “Reduce line item stock” and click the little circle button.

If you are manually completing orders, most probably this is what’s happening!

Please let me know if this is the case,
    Best,
    Nico

Elaine DeCunha
    Participant

Thanks for your response. We’re not manually Completing items, they’re being Completed via the script that processes the IPN response, and appear as completed in the order listing – is there a way of automating the process of reducing inventory stock upon order completion?

I can confirm that performing the above steps (minus step 1, completing the order, which was done automatically) works, however it seems odd that I can just keep doing this again and again to reduce the order stock further.

Elaine DeCunha
    Participant

It looks like I was using virtual products which affected the inventory in this odd way. By switching to a physical product, it appears as though my issues are resolved.

Thanks!

Elaine DeCunha
    Participant

Hi,

I just wanted to confirm that this is truly the expected behaviour – it seems weird that a ‘virtual product’ which is what these tickets default to, seems to ‘add’ to the inventory total when someone orders a ticket, instead of subtracting from it as seems to occur when the virtual product is unchecked in WooCommerce.

Thanks again!

Nico

Hey Chris,

Glad to hear you could find a work around for this! I’ve tested this locally and I’m not seeing the ‘stock increase’ with every purchase so not sure why you are seeing it (my tickets are virtual products). This particular issue was logged in as a bug in our product backlog but was declined due to they always referred to manual order fulfillment.

Are you testing this with PayPal sandbox or is it live accepting payments already? If it’s in sandbox mode can you wait until the site is live to perform a small test on this?

Thanks,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets/WooCommerce Stock increasing, not reducing?’ is closed to new replies.