Wootickets with member and public pricing for one event

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Wootickets with member and public pricing for one event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas
    Participant

I have been using Events Calendar Pro for a while but now want to implement the events functionality on another site with the woo ticket function. However their current site (which this should replace) has a ticket purchase option for members and then the public. The members need to login to book, the public simply purchase the ticket. Is there a clever way or alternative way of doing this as I don’t expect accessing the membership database in WP will be simple?

Leah

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your support and your interest in Tickets: Woocommerce. There is not a built in feature that allows what you’re describing, although it may be possible with some customizing. I know that some Events Calendar PRO users have done member only sites, but I’m not familiar with anyone doing exactly what you describe.

It may also be possible to do something like that with a WooCommerce add-on, although a quick search didn’t yield anything- you might want to get in touch with their support team to see if they have an idea.

Hopefully that will at least somewhat answer your question. I’d be happy to have a coworker who is more familiar with WooTickets customizing shed some light on the subject too when he has a chance.

Best,
    Leah

Nicholas
    Participant

Hi Leah, thanks for the reply. I’m wondering whether an easier way could be to have two ticket types per event and then a custom field for the member only ticket where a member ID could be entered? By moving to WP the client is hoping to cut development costs so if there’s better way of doing this it would be good to know!

Leah

Hey Nicholas,

Good idea! I of course can’t guarantee, but that would be a good option to explore. Adding the custom field(s) to the ticket would be on the WooCommerce side of things though, so I definitely recommend that you run the idea by their support team.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Wootickets with member and public pricing for one event’ is closed to new replies.