WOOTICKETS VS WPML

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WOOTICKETS VS WPML

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    darnahome
    Participant

Hi all,

Here is my problem. We are working with WPML and Wootickets on a website. We are working with limited tickets for events and we would like to be able to show this tickets in different languages. The thing is that we always have to create those tickets from the events page (we can’t select tickets already created) so we are able to translate tickets, translate events but there is no way to link events with tickets in different languages than the main one. How to solve that? Translations should share the same stock, otherwise we would have overbooking problems.

Thanks in advance

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Darnahome,

That’s a good question. As our announcement of WPML  compatibility details, only The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro are compatible with WPML. There are still some incompatibilities with the tickets plugins.

If you would like for us to build compatibility between WooCommerce Tickets and WPML, please suggest this as a feature request on UserVoice. You should definitely outlines the problem you are facing, such as the stock issue and so forth. From there other people can vote their support for your idea.

At the moment, waiting for us to add the features necessary for multiple languages is the only viable option. There is no workaround I can think of to get you where you want to be. 🙁

Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

darnahome
    Participant

Hi Brook,

As I told you, we wanted to have the same stock for the same translated events. We have seen it is not possible at the moment, so we tried to create a diferent ticket with diferent stock for this second language. The problem is that when we create tickets for this second language the ticket shows up on the primary language products list. As we see we are not even able to create tickets for this second language. Is there a way to solve this? We need a solution urgently.

Thanks in advance.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Darnahome,

I am sorry if I was unclear before. For most users the only way to solve this is going to be requesting it as a feature for us to consider implementing at some point in the future, and then waiting for it to be implemented.

If you are a seasoned PHP developer with a good understanding of WooCommerce’ API, you might be able to build this feature yourself. Using the API you could make it so that every time a ticket purchase is approved you could update the stock counts of the other language tickets. As far as hiding select tickets from certain pages, that too would be possible using the Woo API + a theme override (by following the Themer’s Guide) for ‘wootickets/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php’. There is a loop in that file which shows all of the tickets, and each ticket is a WC_Product. So you could examine the product and requested URL to determine which ones you should show.

Those are your the options I can think of, and the second one is only an option for a PHP dev. I wish I had better solutions. As I said at the outset, you are trying to use WooCommerce Tickets with WPML which it was not designed to be compatible with. Thus there are not a log of great options for making them compatible.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WOOTICKETS VS WPML’ is closed to new replies.