Wootickets used in tandem with eventbrite: ticket stock accurate?

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Wootickets used in tandem with eventbrite: ticket stock accurate?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

Hi guys

I’ve read through the fora and it’s clear these two plugins can be used together, but the interaction is less clear.

If I have an event with 10 spaces/tickets available and 1 is purchased on Eventbrite directly or in eventbrite within the website, will the wootickets stock immediately go down to 9?

Also if someone is in the reservation preiod (before buying) what happens to the stock quantity? Is there a final check of ticket availability before it sells via either method?

Kind regards
    Benjamin

PS Specific info on how and where teh master stock level is counted would be very useful as well as answers to the specific scenario/questions above

Josh
    Participant

Hey Benjamin,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Yes, the ticketing systems can be used together for an event, however they cannot be used to manage the same tickets for an event. So, if you have a general admission ticket for an event and have 10 to sell you could not create a single ticket with “10” stock availability to sell between WooCommerce Tickets and Eventbrite tickets. The inventory is not synced between the two systems.

If you wanted to sell only 10 tickets between the two systems, you could create an Eventbrite ticket with 5 available tickets and a WooCommerce ticket with 5 available tickets. Stock levels for tickets are managed by the processing system that you choose to use. In this case, the WooCommerce tickets would have stock management controlled by WooCommerce while the Eventbrite tickets will have their stock managed by Eventbrite.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Benjamin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Benjamin,

No problem. If you would like, you could make a request for the functionality that you’re looking for on our UserVoice page for potential consideration within our plugins.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Wootickets used in tandem with eventbrite: ticket stock accurate?’ is closed to new replies.