Wootickets tax should be able to be based on Venue address

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Wootickets tax should be able to be based on Venue address

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    xg5tat
    Participant

Woocommerce lets you choose sales tax based on business address or customer address.

For Wootickets, I need to make sales tax based on venue address.

How do I do that?
    Thanks

Barry

Hi xg5tat,

Great question.

Currently I don’t believe that’s possible without some custom development work – but it would be great to hear more about the rationale for this (as we haven’t seen this request before and it can often be useful for the team to have some context).

Is this to meet legal requirements of your own business? Are you acting as a proxy for other clients who are actually liable for these taxes?

Definitely could be worth posting this on our UserVoice page – that would give us an idea of how much support there is for this generally since other users can show their support, too:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Thanks!

xg5tat
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Sometimes my company rents out venues or for one reason or another handles ticketing for a show that isn’t in the same zipcode. That makes tax through wootickets complicated.

Barry

OK, thanks for the insight. WooTickets itself does not currently facilitate this and so posting on UserVoice would be worthwhile to help us guage the level of support for this (yours is so far the only time this has cropped up) – but I’ll definitely go ahead and log this as a possible feature request.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Wootickets tax should be able to be based on Venue address’ is closed to new replies.