WooTickets Sequential Ticket Numbers

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets Sequential Ticket Numbers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scottlyttle
    Participant

I was hoping that each order would show a sequential ticket number starting at 1 – is there a way to enable this?

Ideal scenario:

• Purchaser of Event A is given ticket numbers #1, #2 and #3
    • Next purchaser of Event A given ticket numbers #4 and #5
    • Purchaser of Event B is given ticket numbers #1 and #2
    • and so on and so forth

Example I ran:

• First purchaser was given ticket numbers #25, #26 and #27
    • Second purchaser was given ticket numbers #30, #31

Why did this start at #25? Also, what happened to #28 and #29

Barry

Hi @scottlyttle – great question!

The answer is that these tickets are stored in the posts table and so they have a unique ID, allocated as with any other post type.

Why did this start at #25? Also, what happened to #28 and #29

So in your example, I’d guess a post with an ID of 24 had already been created (and this post may have had nothing to do with ticketing – it could have been a regular page or post, for instance). The “absent” IDs similarly would have been allocated to other posts, again these may have had nothing to do with ticketing.

Does that clarify things?

scottlyttle
    Participant

Hey Barry,

Thanks for getting back to me. Makes sense, I guess.

I’m curious why the ticket numbers are linked to the ticket’s ID?
    Could some meta get saved along with the ticket – like ‘start_ticket_number’ set to ‘0’ – and then the ticket number iterates upwards from there (re-saving the meta value on purchase) each time that type of ticket is sold?
    Vague example I know, but it seems more intuitive for each type of ticket to count from 1 up to the maximum available of that ticket, as apposed to the very first ticket sold being a random number like #43,816.

Cheers

Barry

I’d imagine it’s possible to do this and basically have a different numbering system layered on top – and you could certainly post a feature request to this effect.

To give us a better sense of why you need this, can you explain why the current ticket numbering system is insufficient – is it causing you problems in some way on a practical level, or is it more a matter of personal preference?

Thanks!

mattsokoloff
    Participant

I just added and gave some background as to why I would need this. Basically it makes it easier to pass along info to an organizer for checkin vs printing a new list at the last minute.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5492884-sequential-ticket-numbers-for-each-event

Barry

Thanks for posting the feature request – much appreciated (and anyone else coming across this in need of the same thing, please do head over to UserVoice using the above link and show your support) 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets Sequential Ticket Numbers’ is closed to new replies.