WooTickets looks like Amazon, not a ticket booking app !

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets looks like Amazon, not a ticket booking app !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Grant Rollo
    Participant

Hi

I recently purchased the Wootickets add-on for my PRO installation.

Im very disappointed in that it doesnt arrive as a workable solution. When you install it, there’s nothing about it that tells me it’s tickets Im buying – every button and process is just as if you were selling physical products. For example, of the 3 part process :

Screen 1- The buttons refer to Carts and Orders – We need it to say ‘Register’ for example and you arent placing an order – you’re buying a ticket.
    Screen 2 – The next screen lets you select the number of tickets you are ordering – we need registration for each person so want no options to buy more than one ticket – Really we need this page removed entirely so it goes straight to filling in the registration fields for one person.
    Screen 3 – These fields need to have customised fields and all references to ‘products’ and ‘baskets’ removed.

Ive been searching for information about customising WooTickets but not getting very far other than finding out I can change the ‘Add to Cart’ label by altering text in one PHP file, but really this is not good enough.

The Events Calendar PRO is quite a polished product so I was disappointed to find no customisation options for WooTickets and no decent documentation either. After install it looks like its better for shops like Amazon, not selling event tickets.

Also, the plugin seems to dramatically slow down my site – by about 4-5 seconds when it loads the Admin-ajax.php which is directly linked to the WooCommerce plugin.

How do I go about customising my installation or is there another Add-On I can swap to that is better suited to our needs?

Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Rollocop,

I appreciate where you are coming from. WooCommerce Tickets is simply for selling tickets. It is not an event manager. We do try and be clear about this, but you are not the first person who expected something different before purchase. I apologize for that. And furthermore you definitely can get a refund within 30 days of purchase, especially if the product you purchased does not fill your needs.

What you do want sounds like a nice full fledged event manager, not a simply ticketing solution. Something that allows registrations, collects info, and so forth. We have an interest in building something like that as well and we have tentatively put development of a solution like that on our future roadmap. But, it will take a lot of development time to build, and is not something we can expect anytime soon. You are obviously looking for a solution right now that does that. That makes sense. But, one way or another it will take a lot of development time to build out an event management solution, whether it is you or Modern Tribe the invest will be sizable.

The only alternative I can offer you is Eventbrite. They might have what you are looking for. Their service does offer some event management features. And there is also a tie in with out calendar allowing you to easily integrate Eventbrite events and sell tickets from your site. Checkout their website to learn more and determine if their solution is right for you: https://www.eventbrite.com/how-it-works/

Again I am sorry that we were not able to communicate this to your before purchase. We will keep your feedback in mind as we refine our product pages, hopefully we can better set expectations regarding functionality for folks like you.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if there is anyway I can assist you further. If you are interested in a refund email support @ this website and request one. They will take it from there.

Thanks for posting! – Brook

Grant Rollo
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I would definitely like to obtain a refund for WooTickets or a swap to EventBrite.

The Eventbrite Tickets Add-On looks tempting, but the link you sent seems to show how to setup a ticket through their website – is there anything that shows how it would look embedded on my website?

Thanks

Brook
    Participant

I should have linked you to both places, my bad. This is the WP Plugin that integrates Eventbrite with the The Events Calendar can be found here (click). It makes it easy to add events and tickets, or import ones you’ve already added through Eventbrite. Most of the event management would happen on the Eventbrite site still, but this makes integration a snap.

You can sign up for eventbrite for free and checkout their management features. Might be worth a go.

Thanks for your understanding. Just email support @ this website for that refund. Is there anything else I can help with? If not, would you mind marking this resolved? Thanks!

– Brook

Grant Rollo
    Participant

Hi – See above – can I swap to EventBrite please?

Brook
    Participant

Absolutely, we can swap our WooCommerce Tickets for EventBrite Tickets . For privacy reasons we can’t process refunds or even license exchanges on the forums here. Would you mind emailing support @ this website and request the exchange? They will get you right as rain in no time. You can even reference this topic.

I take it you checked out EventBrite’s website and liked what you saw? That makes me happy. One link you might find very useful after the exchange is our new user tutorial: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-eventbrite-tickets/ It’s pretty easy to setup, even easier than Woo I would say. But, one step that is completely different is getting an API key. That tutorial walks you through it and everything else in an easy to follow manner.

Please let me know if you need anything else related to WooCommerce Tickets. If not, would you mind marking this resolved? Thanks!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without and update we are going to archive it. If anyone needs assistance with this, or a similar matter, please open a new topic. We would love to help.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets looks like Amazon, not a ticket booking app !’ is closed to new replies.