WooTickets disables "Event Cost" in The Event Calendar?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets disables "Event Cost" in The Event Calendar?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve just installed WooTickets on an existing Event Calendar Pro site. I only want to sell online tickets for certain events…. others events are just pay at the door… with WooTickets activated the “Event Cost” field disappears in the event…. I could just add an “Additional Event Field” with the price but the site already has lot of existing events so I’d rather not have to revisit them all…. Is there a way to reactivate the Events Calendar’s Event Cost while WooTickets is activated??
    Thanks
    (Great plugin combo by the way 🙂

Barry

I’m not completely sure if that is possible but let me check and I’ll get back to you. It is alternatively possible to show the actual WooTicket price on the front end (rather than entering the price data twice) if you don’t mind doing a little customization work?

Paul
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Thanks for the response. Ideally I’d rather not create a ticket for some events at all and just stick with the Event Calendars cost field. Maybe the Event Cost field should only be disabled when you actually create a new ticket for that event?

Barry

Hi Paul,

So within the event editor to re-enable the cost field you would need to basically do a template override of the meta box template. Essentially:

– You should copy the-events-calendar/admin-views/events-meta-box.php and place your copy somewhere appropriate

– Change your custom copy – remove the if condition surrounding the cost fields (around lines 107-122 in the default version of the template)

– Add a filter to make sure your customized template is used. That would look something like:

add_filter('tribe_events_meta_box_template', 'change_event_mb_tpl');

You would then need to define change_event_mb_tpl() – this should accept the default template filepath which it can then return unmodified or, if it relates to events-meta-box.php change it to the filepath of your custom copy.

So this is definitely something that requires some PHP/WordPress know-how and I appreciate that isn’t for everyone. What I definitely will do however is log this as something that needs attention in a future version.

Paul
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Many thanks for getting back to me …. Ok the only bit I’m a little stuck on is defining `change_event_mb_tpl` …. sorry :-/

Barry

Hi Paul, no problem, it would be something like this – of course you would need to change that filepath to match your customized template’s location.

Paul
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Brilliant! Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help and super fast response!
    -Paul

Barry

Not at all, happy you’re on track – let me know if there’s anything else on this front or create new tickets as needed 🙂

Just a sidenote that I spoke with the dev team this morning and they agree this is an area where all use cases weren’t fully considered – so a change is being implemented as I speak. I don’t think it will make the very next release – as that is subject to a feature freeze so we can get it out of the door as quickly as possible – but it should be available in the subsequent minor update.

Paul
    Participant

Good to know …. and thanks again!

Paul
    Participant

FYI: Works Perfectly!! 🙂

Barry

Excellent.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets disables "Event Cost" in The Event Calendar?’ is closed to new replies.