WooTickets – Different companies put up Events with Ticket connected

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets – Different companies put up Events with Ticket connected

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bodin
    Participant

Hi all,

I am a user of the Events Calendar PRO.
    The use of our calendar is that several independent business owners post their Events on our Calendar.

We were thinking of buying the WooTickets application. But I want to understand what the capabilities are.
    Do the WooTickets system only work with one “company”?

My situation is as this. One independet business owner posts an Event on our Calendar. This person wants to use the ticketing system that we want to provide, but when the payment methods and information are setup, it should be this persons details that are shown and used for that Event, not any standard details.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
    Andreas

Barry

Hi Andreas,

I’m not quite sure I understand what you are envisioning.

In broad terms there is no reason why you couldn’t list events on behalf of multiple people/businesses and there are no inherent restriction in WooTickets that will stop you from linking those same events up for sale via WooCommerce.

However, if you then want those same external businesses’ payment gateways etc to be used your question really becomes one of, “Is this possible with WooCommerce?” Which isn’t really something I can advise you about.

If I’m misunderstanding at all, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

bodin
    Participant

Hi Barry!

Thank you so much for your reply!
    Well, I guess that you hit the nail. I have independent business owners that might want to use their own WooCommerce account.

If I buy WooTickets I understand it as that I have to setup a WooCommerce account with which I will link to my Event Calendar & WooTickets, right?

So, if the independent business owners that will post on my Calendar wants to use their own account, it would actually not work, due to that WooTickets is being mapped with my account that I setup. Am I right or completely out sailing? 🙂

Sincerely,
    Andreas

Barry

Hi Andreas,

WooCommerce is a plugin rather than a service – so it’s not really a matter of you and your clients having WooCommerce accounts so much as it is one of customizing WooCommerce so that it switches appropriately between each independent business owners’ particular payment gateway(s), shipping and tax settings.

From the sound of things it’s also likely that you’d need some sort of logic in place to handle scenarios where a customer selects multiple events pertaining to different businesses.

All I can really say is that this is rather out of the scope of support that we can provide and so if you have further questions along these lines it may be better to approach a suitably skilled designer/developer to thrash out your plans in more detail 🙂

Cheers,

Barry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets – Different companies put up Events with Ticket connected’ is closed to new replies.