Wootickets + Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Wootickets + Community Events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi,
    We know that Wootickets and Community Events are not compatible. However, we are considering buying Community Events anyway since backend solutions are hard and conflict once in a while.

We have a 2 part question:
    1. Is it possible to manually add a ticket in the backend after a user added an event? (And can this be done in the ‘edit event’ part of the backend?
    2. Can the users still view and electronically check-in guests? And can this be done in the front-end?

Thanks in advance!

Geoff

Hi there, Dirk! Thanks for getting in touch. These are great questions, so let’s hit them one at a time. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Is it possible to manually add a ticket in the backend after a user added an event? (And can this be done in the โ€˜edit eventโ€™ part of the backend?

Yes, it is possible to add tickets to an event after it has been submitted by a user. You’re correct: you would do it on the back end. In fact, when you try adding a ticket to an event that was submitted by Community, it will remind you that you are editing a Community event and ask whether you’re sure you want to add tickets to it (screenshot).

2. Can the users still view and electronically check-in guests? And can this be done in the front-end?

Checking in through the front end is a feature we don’t currently support. It’s been suggested on our UserVoice page, though, and I’d suggest adding your vote if you’re interested in seeing it included in an upcoming release. I definitely see the value in that feature!

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Dirk
    Participant

Hi,
    Thank you for the fast an clear responses. It confirms the suspicions we already had. I have a suggestion and a follow-up question.
    suggestion: Events Calendar and Wootickets are connected. Events Calendar and Community events are connected. If you connect Wootickets and Community Events you have a supreme trifecta. You probably have good reasons not to do so, but I think it would benefit many many start-ups, users and future attendees.

My follow-up question:
    Since you need to give backend acces to organizers to check-in their attendees it is necessary that they can’t see the lists (and security codes) from other organizers. We can hide other user’s posts with something like this:
    function posts_for_current_author($query) {
    global $pagenow;

if( ‘edit.php’ != $pagenow || !$query->is_admin )
    return $query;

if( !current_user_can( ‘manage_options’ ) ) {
    global $user_ID;
    $query->set(‘author’, $user_ID );
    }
    return $query;
    }
    add_filter(‘pre_get_posts’, ‘posts_for_current_author’);

However, when users see only their own events and click on attendees list it show’s completely empty. When you remove the code the list reappears (but also all the other lists from other users). Please help us fix this! ๐Ÿ™‚
    (or connect Wootickets with Community Events ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Thanks in advance!

Geoff

If you connect Wootickets and Community Events you have a supreme trifecta.

Yes! That’s awesome. You’re totally right and, while it’s something we’ve discussed, you can imagine how much underlying architecture there is to make it work and make it work well. Still, linking the two together is a great idea and we’re looking into it.

Along those same lines, I would suggest loosening your code up a bit since it it seems to hit all edit.php screens. The attendee list screen is visible when the post type is TribeEvents::POSTTYPEย and the page query:

$_GET['page']

is:

tickets-attendees

You can test against that to pin down the exact instances where the extra restrictions should apply.

Sorry there isn’t more I can do to help build the custom connection for you, but I like where you’re headed and would love it if you share your solution once you get there.

Cheers!
    Geoff

calumjamesgreen
    Participant

HI Geoff,
    If you connect Wootickets and Community Events you have a supreme trifecta.
    Just as a comment on this – This is something that I would really love to see also.

Geoff

Thanks,ย Calum! We totally agree.ย If you have a moment, would you add your vote for that feature to our UserVoice page? That’s where we track popular ideas to include in future releases. We’d love your vote!

Dirk, if thereโ€™s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one just let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

My pleasure, Dirk! Happy that we’ve been able to help so far. ๐Ÿ™‚

I really wish we could work on that connection for you, but I’m afraid that level of support and customization is outside what we can provide here in the forums. If you are looking for help in that area, you can email us at pro [at] tri.be and we’d be happy to share a list of freelance developers that we recommend and may be able to help out.

Also, even though it doesn’t solve your exact situation, you may be interested in checking out our non-profit program. Depending on your eligibility, you may be able to get our plugins for free, so it’s worth checking out. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread since it seems we’ve covered an answer to the original question, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

I really wish we could work on that connection for you, but I’m afraid that level of support and customization is outside what we can provide here in the forums. If you are looking for help in that area, you can email us at pro [at] tri.be and we’d be happy to share a list of freelance developers that we recommend and may be able to help out.

Also, even though it doesn’t solve your exact situation, you may be interested in checking out our non-profit program. Depending on your eligibility, you may be able to get our plugins for free, so it’s worth checking out. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread since it seems we’ve covered an answer to the original question, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Wootickets + Community Events’ is closed to new replies.