Wootickets – Colllecting Attendee details of Guests?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Wootickets – Colllecting Attendee details of Guests?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Charlie
    Participant

If a user selects more than one ticket, where can they enter the details of the additional guests? – This is absolutley necessary if used for collecting attendee information.

Barry

Hi Charlie,

Right now I’m afraid that is not possible “out of the box” (though it certainly could be realized through some customization work).

WooCommerce Tickets – as with all of our ticketing extensions – has been designed as a simple but robust ticketing solution and for that reason doesn’t ship with some other more advanced event management facilities.

With that said, we’re aware of just how much demand there is for this and a new plugin, or set of changes to our existing plugins (the exact details haven’t quite been finalized), are in the works 🙂

oniregoc
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to do this with Gravity Forms…not that easy but I think it could be done. The bigest problem is that I don’t know yet how the email ticket thing will handle this…stay tune?

Barry

You can override the template used to create the ticket email (just like you might for any other template) and are free to use both our and WordPress’s template tags within the custom template, so you can access post meta data etc.

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide

If you need help specifically with setting up template overrides, though, I’d ask that you create a new forum topic and one of the team will be happy to try and clarify things 🙂

oniregoc
    Participant

Ok great !

Barry

🙂

Steve
    Participant

+1

This feature is very important for our site. We need to have a list of attendees to provide to our event security.

I found another Forum thread (now closed) from back in March saying this feature was being worked on intensively. Could you please provide some indication of when it is going to come through, as otherwise I will have to change to another solution.

Daniel Branigan
    Participant

+1

I’m also waiting on this functionality before I can offer a solution to a client.

Can you give us an ETA for a beta version?

Barry

Hi everyone,

I am afraid I am unable to provide any sort of ETA.

We have indeed been working intensively on this as on other parts of the overall ticketing solution: as I alluded to earlier, our ticketing framework started life as something that was deliberately kept small, simple and reliable.

There’s definitely been a lot of demand to take what it offers to the next level, however, and that means some restructuring work has been required — hence we were, regrettably, unable to deliver on this specific feature as quickly as we would have liked.

Please do know that we are indeed working hard on ticketing and some exciting changes are coming up. Right at this time though there is little else I can offer on a support level (and so will close this topic).

Remember to stay tuned to our blog for all the latest news and product announcements 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Wootickets – Colllecting Attendee details of Guests?’ is closed to new replies.